Retailer Chat Recap, November 27, 2007

The continue talking about Pay Per View and tell us about a new PPV survey they are launching at DISH Network

The prizes they are giving away are CRAP prizes. T Shirts and DVD's.

They now go on to talk about how some international packages are now considered as a base package for new customers. These packages qualify for new customer promotions.

Attachments

• chat6.jpg
    chat6.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 222
  • chat14.jpg
    chat14.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 181
  • chat13.jpg
    chat13.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 153
  • chat12.jpg
    chat12.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 161
  • chat11.jpg
    chat11.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 163
  • chat10.jpg
    chat10.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 185
  • chat9.jpg
    chat9.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 198
  • chat8.jpg
    chat8.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 194
  • chat7.jpg
    chat7.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 197
  • chat15.jpg
    chat15.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 176
  • chat16.jpg
    chat16.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 186
They then talk about how great the Dish Nascar Team did this season and talk about the Team for the bit. A video is shown of highlights of the Nascar season.

Now a special guest Jessica Insalaco who is the new marketing person for Dish Network. (She is a Senior Vice President)

She says Dish Brings consumers Customer Control, Quality and Value.

She says that Dish has the best Audio Video Quallity of any provider and that (get this) Dish provides the most national HD Programming free. (Huh FREE?)

She says she will explain in a few minutes.

She talks about how Dish has football 24/7 and what an advantage Dish has over others.

Attachments

• chat16.jpg
    chat16.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 132
  • chat17.jpg
    chat17.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 138
  • chat18.jpg
    chat18.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 442
  • chat19.jpg
    chat19.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 127
  • chat20.jpg
    chat20.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 191
I can't wait until they can explain the most hd national programming free comment. Damn Dish. When will you learn your lesson??

I understand retailers can call in or write in. Would they put one on the line that would ask" when the hell are you going to give us something to give your subs?(hd) Jessica. You need to get your head out of the sand and see what is going on.

This stuff today is helping me make up my mind - I'm getting a new HD TV this weekend and I was having some trouble deciding between the two satellite companies.

Looks like DIRECTV will win the battle.

We should all call and ask how we get the national HD for free, since the Senior VP in Marketing said it herself.

She is still talking about NFL Network and how great it is... (I want to hear about the free HD...)

Now she moves on to talk about Big 10 Network. (Blah blah blah...)

Ok now on to HD. The FREE HD channels are for new customers, as they get HD for free for 6 months.

They put up some honest numbers of national HD channels numbers.

She says that Dish is better as their HDDVR is free for new customers, for DirecTV they need to spend $400 for the HDDVR.

She goes on to talk about how much CNET loves their HD DVR. (Blah Blah Blah...)

She says that their current HD marketing will continue through the spring.

She talks about a new ad campaign which will be aimed at women. Its about Never Miss you favorite shows with the Dish DVR.

This new marketing lady seems like a nice lady, but its still the same ole boring Dish Network marketing campaigns which draw no interest. When is Dish going to get someone in there to make Dish SHINE.

A Dish DVR ad is shown.

Attachments

• chat20.jpg
    chat20.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 201
  • chat21.jpg
    chat21.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 191
  • chat22.jpg
    chat22.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 212
It seems like DISH has determined that they can't compete with Direct in HD... So, they're pushing how much better their DVR is.

"If you can't beat them, draw attention elsewhere"

Jim is CLUELESS as he says that Dish is CLEARLY better then DirecTV and Cable.

They go on to talk about enhancements to some retailer programs they have.

Attachments

• chat23.jpg
    chat23.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 190
This company reminds me when Micheal Jackson use to invite all of those kids to his ranch. Then someone in Jacksons group told him that it would not be a good idea to do that. That person then gets fired. Sounds like the same thing here. I wonder what Charlie would do if someone in his company stood up to him and says "stop this crazy crap"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts