Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Hello everyone and welcome once again to another exclusive SatelliteGuys Dish Network Retailer Chat Recap!

We are proud to bring these to you and give you all the latest news which might interest you the consumer! We should note that we do not report dealer sensitive items from the chat such as costs or profits.

We thank you for being with us today!

The chat will begin shortly and this htread will be open for discussion after the first update is posted.

This chat recap is done in near realtime so that I may pause the video and grab screenshots when needed.

Thank you to our supporting Pub Members who make this possible!

Amir and Jim welcome us to another retailer chat, Amir tells us it snowed in Denver on Monday.

They said they will be talking alot today about football, then a slate is shown saying there will be HD Programming announcements today!

They talk about the launch of NIMIQ 5. Jim says expect to see a lot of movement and gains from the new satellite in about 45 days. Jim says the consumers will see a big benefit from the new satellite around the beginning of the year.

They start by talking about upcoming HD local launches...

Davenport Iowa and Paducah, Kentucky are planed to launch on September 30th.

November 18 they plan on launching Evansville, Indiana.

For folks with Dish DVR 501's, 508's and 510's they will no longer have VOD available to them, Dish will however be adding more SD PPV channels. The 50x series VOD use was not high and required special streaming to send VOD content to those units.

They start talking about Football and the new NFL RedZone Channel. (I hope thats not it in HD progrmaming announcements!)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 346
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 347
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 495
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 508
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 483
For folks with Dish DVR 501's, 508's and 510's they will no longer have VOD available to them, Dish will however be adding more SD PPV channels.
This makes one wonder if they will allow us to recover the unused set-aside.

It will be grand indeed to not have the receiver firing up in the middle of the night to record VOD.

Amir Picks the Colts -vs- The Bears in the Superbowl.

They show highlights fromo the new NFL RedZone channel.

They they go over all the NFL that Dish Network offers.

They them move and talk about Versus and how it is in Free PReview mode from now until November 30th.

They then go over College Football and talk about all the College football Dish offers. They mention that ESPN-U is only in SD on Dish...

ESPN Gameplan will be $135 or individual Saturdays for $24.

Now we go to Marketing...

Wheres Phil Klein? Today we get Rebecca Simpson who is the General Manager of Channel Marketing.

See talks about Football Marketing...

They show Versus Marketing (Note from Scott - which by the time retailers publish these ads Versus will probably be back on DirecTV... wasted energy there guys..)

Talking about Business Marketing and marketing to commercial establishments.

This months featured Dish Network item is... a Hunting cap... The hat is camoflauged so well that you can't even see the Dish Network logo on it... BRILLIANT MARKETING THERE GUYS! Amir puts one on.

And that wraps up the Marketing segment.

Attachments

• 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 313
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 362
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 297

They them move and talk about Versus and how it is in Free PReview mode from now until November 30th.

They then go over College Football and talk about all the College football Dish offers. They mention that ESPN-U is only in SD on Dish...

Thats my man! Bears all the way! :)

Colts maybe, but no way the Bears will be there, even though I am a fan of both teams.

More HD coming in 2010!? Hey, it's still 2009 and plenty of time for HD now. I guess what Charlie is saying is that we will get more HD when the prices go up in 2010.

Jim goes over the importance of reading all disclosures to new customers when they sign up.

They then go over why a dealer should be a DHPP retailer and do DHPP service calls.

They then start talking about Pre Paid...

Customers using Pre Paid calling in and want to activate their programming cards will go to a special CSR who will move them over to Flex TV and will apply the pre paid cards t hey might have to their account.

Retailers may no longer sell DishNow Prepaid programming cards. All prepaid cards expire at the end of October.

For the customer there is no hardware to change over to FlexTV.

Attachments

• 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 420
Now its time for Leslie Harper to Join the Show, She is introduced as Leslie the HUnter as shes wearing one of the new hats...

She quickly strips off the hat.

All ViP Receivers now have DishComm technology activated. This means you only need to hook up the phone line to one receiver and the other receivers will dial out via that receiver.

All VIP Receivers and 522/625 now have Fast Aquisition on Reboot. This means the receiver will reboot in under 20 seconds instead of the few minutes it use to take.

525/625's also have faster loading ITV applications. ViP receivers will get this update soon.

All VIP receivers will soon show both MPAA ratings and TV ratings in a future update.

Leslie talks about the 922. Nothing new here, just telling people how to test things. She shows off the new keypad feature (I like this feature!) and also tells people to try the new robust search feature.

Leslie then shows a picture of herself in her Hockey gear. (No I am not kidding...) She shoed the picture because a retailer requested to see her in her Hockey gear... great, hopefully next time someone requests to see Lelie in her French Maids costume.) :D ;) Leslie has been playing Hockey for 7 years. Another picture of Leslie in her Hockey duds is shown. Leslie plays on a mens team called the Sweathogs.

That wraps up Leslies Tech Segment for this month.

Attachments

• 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 411
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 483
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 469
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 501
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 556
And now off to question time, so basically that wraps up this Retailer Chat. I will keep watching if there is any good questions I will report them.

I see:
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DishCOMM"]DishCOMM - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

It goes through the electrical wiring. I'm sure this will only work with really small amounts of data.

DishComm is nice, not only does it share the phonelines, but if your hooked up to broadband it shares that as well, so on my receivers not hooked up to broadband they can still browse DishOnline and download shows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)