722K Networked but no VOD

smokndodge

Original poster
Sep 23, 2009
Central IL
Hi all! I am new here and new to Satellite tv. So far I am loving it but I do have a question. I am running a ViP 722k plugged into my router via cat5E. I check the connection and it is showing the correct ip address and DNS server addresses. I can logon to my box through the sling website but I do not show and VOD. I am not sure what is going on. I have done a soft and hard reset on the box. I have named the box. Everything seems to be working correctly except for my VOD. If anyone could give me any Idea's or suggestions that would be greatly appreciated. I did try a search and could not find the answer so thanks again.

It can take a day or two (or more) for content to download. How long has it been activated and how long has it been networked ?

I see movies and stuff on 501 and above but in the Dish on Demand menu there is nothing.

It can take a day or two (or more) for content to download. How long has it been activated and how long has it been networked ?

It was activated and connected to broadband and phone line on Friday, Sept. 25, 09... I would think there would be something there but who knows. Hopefully it shows up soon. Thanks for the welcome and again thanks for all of the help!

I see movies and stuff on 501 and above but in the Dish on Demand menu there is nothing.

It was activated and connected to broadband and phone line on Friday, Sept. 25, 09... I would think there would be something there but who knows. Hopefully it shows up soon. Thanks for the welcome and again thanks for all of the help!

Note that the material that shows on the 501 channels is not delivered via your internet connection. It is dowloaded overnight from the satellites if you are not using your receiver. It is downloaded, not live, so it doesn't take as long as watching a program but it does take many minutes. If you happen to interrupt it by using the receiver, then I believe the movie is dropped until the next cycle.

Internet is for the DoD only. And that will load a separate application when you access it. The above is correct about VoD. It is dl from the satellite and will eventually load fully.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)