Retailer Chat

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
Eastern Iowa
New Spring promotion will start January 15th. Most of the current new customer and existing customer promotions are being extended.

New customer discounts on packages will continue.

There will be a slight price increase on packages. Similar to what has been done in the past.

Flex24 customers will not have to pay a fee to get mpeg2 equipment. The fee now is $49.

The amount of the new customer discounts and the package increases should be announced next week.

Really not as many announcements for customers as I thought there would be. More retailer sensitive stuff and then it looks like more announcements for customers next week hopefully.

Yes the new pricing should be announced to retailers next week. I am hearing a $3 to $7 increase depending on the package, which seems to be the norm, but this is not official as of yet. As soon as we know we will post it.

If you are a DISH employee, PLEASE do not post the new pricing here. We say this because we want you to keep your jobs. As always if you want to submit tips you may do so anonymously by emailing your tips to tips@satelliteguys.us.

Yes the new pricing should be announced to retailers next week. I am hearing a $3 to $7 increase depending on the package, which seems to be the norm, but this is not official as of yet. As soon as we know we will post it.

If you are a DISH employee, PLEASE do not post the new pricing here. We say this because we want you to keep your jobs. As always if you want to submit tips you may do so anonymously by emailing your tips to tips@satelliteguys.us.
$7 is high. They'd be much better off from a PR perspective by sticking to the $3-5 range.

I would agree on the seven dollar aide if your feelers are right. I am guessing if it was 7 that would be for everything package

All channel disputes have been resolved this year, except for the Turner extension into 2015.

I said that $7 would be the increase with the new contracts and no channels being dropped. :(

All channel disputes have been resolved this year, except for the Turner extension into 2015.

I said that $7 would be the increase with the new contracts and no channels being dropped. :(

All channel disputes? What about comcast sports? I did enjoy watching the celtics last night at my club. :) It'd be nice to watch it at home as well....

Reactions: dare2be
It isn't nice to watch the Celtics this year at all, certainly not last night either! :)

So we are used as leverage, be told that they are protecting us from price hikes, get a better deal, then pocket the money and increase prices anyway. Real nice :onstrike

All channel disputes? What about comcast sports? I did enjoy watching the celtics last night at my club. :) It'd be nice to watch it at home as well....
Well, the other CSN channels re-upped their contracts, except for their one bastard-child channel. :)

So we are used as leverage, be told that they are protecting us from price hikes, get a better deal, then pocket the money and increase prices anyway. Real nice :onstrike
Yep. The only true way to protect from price hikes is to drop channels. In large numbers.

Reactions: ChadT41

Do you truly think that the price increases or for any TV provider is pure profit? It must be hell living in a world where you think everyone else is benefiting off of you while you go through the everyday struggles of life.

There is no way any TV provider is going to be able to give us the same product they are giving us right now and keep prices the same. They only way they can keep prices the same is if they take channels away from us. I stand by my idea to start over with packages and make one that has fewer of the top channels for a more affordable price.

Take channels away I only watch 10 if that. If dishes new IPTV has CNBC, discovery and history I'm good well that is if the junk in the truck cable modem service I have will handle the streams lol

Reactions: foghorn2
Do you truly think that the price increases or for any TV provider is pure profit? It must be hell living in a world where you think everyone else is benefiting off of you while you go through the everyday struggles of life.

There is no way any TV provider is going to be able to give us the same product they are giving us right now and keep prices the same. They only way they can keep prices the same is if they take channels away from us. I stand by my idea to start over with packages and make one that has fewer of the top channels for a more affordable price.

Ok then, where is the restructuring of the packages? Was that chatted and announced?

How about pick any 15 channels(no premiums) 45 bucks? Add locals $5. Add sports $**

Ok then, where is the restructuring of the packages? Was that chatted and announced?

How about pick any 15 channels(no premiums) 45 bucks? Add locals $5. Add sports $**

Those are great ideas and I want that to happen as well. The problem is that the networks that own these channels are not allowing it. They want their family of channels to be carried in the basic package. Dish needs to be working on deals with these networks that will allow the ideas we mentioned.

Dish used to have something like that... Contract negotiations killed it like they are killing autohop...

Reactions: ChadT41

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts