This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Retailer for new customer plan

mboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 30, 2003
Anyone reco or have good experience with one of the online retailers(dishtore, VMC,etc). Interested in new customer plan (Digital Home with the 3 months credit) 3 Tv's (301,510PVR and an 811) I believe VMC says u can get a DVR AND an 811. Does Dish themselves offer this plan or better off with retailer?
Appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

The bottom of page 1 in the DHP brochure says:

LIMIT OF TWO DUAL-TUNER RECEIVERS PER ACCOUNT.

LIMIT OF ONE DISH 510 OR DISH 811 PER ACCOUNT.

You'd probably be looking at a 510 and a 322 to run three tv's with DHP. With Free Dish, you can get a 510, and (2) 301 free with a two year contract. Or you can get an 811 and two 301. As a dealer, I prefer Free Dish over DHP.

I can hook you up with a Shiny new Club Dish card that will help you and I both out.

As dealer I would advise avoiding the 322 & 522 receivers, currently too buggy. Buy directly from DISH if you don't want to buy from a local dealer. Because I am a "GREEN" rated dealer I will say buy from a local dealer they should have more interest in your satisfaction and offer the same promotions.

I belive with DHP you don't have to pay for service calls if something crpas out (like an LNB or switch). Do they charge you to fix that stuff on the free dish plan?
Looks like with the DHP, I can get an 811,522 and a 301 (for $99 upgrade)
May just pay to get the free Dish -811 and 2 301's and buy a used 501 PVR off ebay or something.

DHP customers now have to pay a $29 trip charge for all service calls. Find a good local retailer. Unless you hate to have local service.

These are the configurations allowed on DHP:

Having trouble finding a good one in Northern NJ.

Yep. Closest is like 20-25miles away. Don't really consider that local as I am 20mn outside of NYC in a pretty populated suburb. For that, might as well deal with a good online retailer as they most likely will farm it out anyway (install)

Mainstreet said:
[...] These are the configurations allowed on DHP: [...]
Mainstreet -
Do you have a similar breakdown for Free Dish? HD-in-a-box?

TIA!

Sure. Here you go!

Also:

Justin how did you get that small print so large...I have never been able to read it all...Are you ready for VEGAS

Bruno

Bruno said:
Justin how did you get that small print so large...I have never been able to read it all...Are you ready for VEGAS

Bruno

Just cut & paste!

Yep, we're leaving out this afternoon. I'll see you there. Hopefully we'll get a shipment of 921's while I'm gone! (e-mail me your cell#. You can send it to my cell phone: justin@checkyes.tv)

No upgrade option for the 921 in the free dish, or DHP plans, but it is offered for the HD in a box package? Why is that?

Innova said:
No upgrade option for the 921 in the free dish, or DHP plans, but it is offered for the HD in a box package? Why is that?

I guess I don't understand your question. New customers can get the 921 for a $600 upgrade fee in FREE DISH. Or they can get an 811 with the HDTV in a box or a 921 with HDTV in a box.