possible returning customer

PortlandChris

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
Portland, OR
It has been about 6 years since I left DISH.
Local channel cost is out of control in my cable bill. Does DISH still have the options to do its packages without locals?

I rooted around the DISH site and all they offer now, it seems, is packages with locals. Did this change?

It has been about 6 years since I left DISH.
Local channel cost is out of control in my cable bill. Does DISH still have the options to do its packages without locals?

I rooted around the DISH site and all they offer now, it seems, is packages with locals. Did this change?
Thought one of the reasons you left was because of no RSNs on Dish?

Also, Comcast will raise the price of your Broadband when you drop TV.

Thought one of the reasons you left was because of no RSNs on Dish?

Also, Comcast will raise the price of your Broadband when you drop TV.
It was, but changes to RSNs now make that kind of irrelevant. The RSNs no longer fully exist. Most have gone out of business.

Yep, Comcast will raise the price of my broadband...but can go w/phone guys, or TMobile now has this mobile internet

Looks like I still can opt out of locals on DISH, I just dont see that as an option on the sign up page

Reactions: charlesrshell
It was, but changes to RSNs now make that kind of irrelevant. The RSNs no longer fully exist. Most have gone out if business.

Yep, Comcast will raise the price of my broadband...but can go w/phone guys, or TMobile now has this mobile internet

My question is does DISH still have an option where you do not have to add the local channels to your package?
Yes, DISH has an option that you don't have to sub to local channels. If locals are a need for you all you need is an OTA antenna and a compatible OTA adapter to a compatible receiver. Keep in mind that those adapters only have two tuners so you are confined to no more than two recordings at the same time for OTA on DVRs.

Yes, DISH has an option that you don't have to sub to local channels. If locals are a need for you all you need is an OTA antenna and a compatible OTA adapter to a compatible receiver. Keep in mind that those adapters only have two tuners so you are confined to no more than two recordings at the same time for OTA on DVRs.
I have all of that. Years ago, when we lost my local Fox channel and I complained about the loss of the NFL, Dish came out and installed an antenna for me. I still have it. Still works.

I just don't see the option on DISH's sign up page to elect out of locals, so I was wondering if this is still possible.

I have all of that. Years ago, when we lost my local Fox channel and I complained about the loss of the NFL, Dish came out and installed an antenna for me. I still have it. Still works.

I just don't see the option on DISH's sign up page to elect out of locals, so I was wondering if this is still possible.
The only package that you can't get out of locals is the Welcome Package, if that is even still available.

I just don't see the option on DISH's sign up page to elect out of locals
On the dish sign up page once you select your package look at the bottom and you will see "monthly summary " with a + ...click on the + and you will see the summary details..then where it says " why is this separate " click on that..you have the option to remove locals there

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240107_133401_Chrome~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20240107_133401_Chrome~2.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 44