Retailer to avoid

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

billbillw

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2004
Atlanta
I just wanted to pass along an experience I've had with a retailer of DirecTV hardware systems. A company called Primetime Mini Dishes, Inc. that does business as www.minidishes.tv and www.mini-dishes.com.

They seem to do most of their business through Ebay. I was interested in them because they have the RCA DTC-210 for $190+$25 shipping for new customers. Auction indicated that the receiver comes with the new triple LNB, but really didn't mention installation, so I emailed the question about installation to the seller.

The response I recieved was very rude and implied that it was apparent what was included by the listing. He asked why wouldn't he list something that was incuded. The reply still didn't directly answer the question about whether installation was included or not, so I sent a reply back asking Yes or No on the installation. The second response was much more rude and implied that the answer was self-evident. Furthermore, he wrote and said that I was a dangerouse moron and I was banned from purchasing just becuase I asked the question in the first place. I was told not to reply because all further emails would be automatically deleted!

I was floored that anyone who actually wants to do business would treat potential costomers so rudely. I'm glad that I asked the question becuase if I didn't, I would've never known what kind of jerks were running this shady company.

So, beware of this company. Despite their low prices and decent Ebay feedback, they are not respectable business people.

Go figure....I got mine from Rapid Satelite and totaly happy. The transaction was smooth and the install was great. Would buy from them again...

Wow that was you?!?! Whouda thunk?

All jokes aside, eBay is full of "faceless" vendors like that. You wont find that operations with a store front are that way.

IMO, you cant beat Value Electronics tell them you are a member here and they give you a discount, install it your self (to local and NEC code please) and you get a further discount, above all they are nice folks to deal with, put it this way as soon as DirecTV announce some UK programming I will be giving them a call!

Thanks for advice. I've been going to call Robert at Value and see what deal I can get with self install. My house was wired for D* by previous owner and it already have a nice mast cemented in the ground to mount the dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.