Retention deals

dolfan3033

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
NC
Has anyone recently called in to retention to see what discounts they are offering once the contract and price lock ends?

I’m just curious as to what kinda promos are out there for existing customers in good standing.

Reactions: joewhite57
You will have to call yourself if you want to know because I’m going on my second year of commitment with Flex pack. I still have $10.00 HBO till I ever leave DISH. Make 21 Years with DISH next month. But I am sure with all their losses that you can finagle some money off your bill , if you call to cancel.

I too am in a two year reduced package price discount, 20 years with DISH. I don't know what they are offering but you may get something like what a new customer gets minus a few things if you sign up for two years. Call and ask or if you contact a DIRT member they will get you the best deal available for your account.

Thanks.. my contract isn’t quite over yet... still a few months left so I can’t call quite yet. Just wanted to get an idea of what I could expect... you know, for science.

In my experience DIRT can no longer give much of a deal-pretty much the same deal first level of customer support will give you(5 bucks off HBO for 6 months for example).You need to get past the first level to retention.Also helpful is being able to articulate the deal you"ll get if you switch to XYZ and that you can always switch back in a year or two and get new customer pricing.Of course any offers will depend on how long you've been a customer,the size of your bill and whether it's the first odd Tuesday of the month :)