bcshields

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 28, 2003
Delaware
If you had purchased $1000.00 of Nortel stock one year ago, it would now
be worth $49.00.

With Enron, you would have $16.50 left of the original $1,000.00.

With WorldCom, you would have less than $5.00 left.

But, if you had purchased $1,000.00 worth of Beer one year ago, drank
all the beer, then turned in the cans for the aluminum recycling price, you
would have $214.00.

Based on the above, current investment advice is to drink heavily and
recycle.

It's called the 401-Keg Plan.

In Oregon, it would net $0 since we pay $.05/can and get back $.05/can when we turn them in, so a lot of people are losing money. No wonder it's so expensive to live here.

bcshields said:
But, if you had purchased $1,000.00 worth of Beer one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the cans for the aluminum recycling price, you would have $214.00.
Where on earth can you get $1000 worth of beer that equates into $214 in scrap Al? Premium rates for Al per pound around here are a little over $.50 while typical rates for clean alumnium are normally around $.30. That's a lot of cans...

DarrellP said:
In Oregon, it would net $0 since we pay $.05/can and get back $.05/can when we turn them in, so a lot of people are losing money. No wonder it's so expensive to live here.

Your gas prices must be high since you can't pump gas yourself.

Yeah...whats up with that? I was about to fill up a rental car in Portland one morning and this guy almost tackled me for touching the pump!

It sucks, we are now the 4th most costly gas in the nation. It takes rocket scientist to pump gas these days and we have to sit there and wait and wait and wait for these clowns to come over and start filling, then when they are done we have to wait and wait and wait for them to come back and take the hose out. Many times I've taken the hose out myself and driven off. There is much debate about going back to self-serve but the biggest argument is unemployment since Oregon's economy right now is in the toilet.

Whats the reasoning for it though...besides providing a few jobs?

StevenD said:
Whats the reasoning for it though...besides providing a few jobs?
I moved to Oregon 4 years ago and the story I heard was that someone blew up a gas station because they mishandled a pump. :shocked I don't know if it's true but now we pay for some high school dropout to pump our gas and waste our valuable time waiting for them to pump our gas. :no

Wait.. as a cure to solve high unimployment.. them made all of the gas stations Full serve by law?!?

... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

phew.

Just raise chickens... plenty of jobs raising chickens in delaware.. gets out your frustrations too... sticks though. At least chicken poo washes out.

Actually there is nothing Full Serve about it, they call it "Mini Serve" and that's exactly what we get, miniscule service. I don't even think you can get Full Serve around here, heck there's hardly a station anymore that even has an air pump and when they do, it costs a quarter for about 2 minutes of run time.

Most of them around here cost 50 cents.

I think it's kind of rediculous. it's like making everyone pay because the legislators didn't diversify the local economy. I know some of my votes would change.

Status
Not open for further replies.