retransmission issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dhageremtp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
North Dakota
In my local market, ABC is not viewable due to a retransmission issue. Is direct able to offer national ABC feeds in these circumstances. sure would be nice to be able to watch ABC programming. I can watch them on ABC on demand but are behind on the directv on demand, the ABC app for iphone/ipad is more current, but in order to log in it says I need a directv email, which I do not have. there are also some shows no on demand that my wife would like to be able to see again, such as Live with Kelly.

I think there have been a couple of rare instances when the national feed was offered, like for a Superbowl, but it's not normal.

These are times where an OTA antenna would come in handy...
Wow, good for you ...

I was SHOCKED when I tuned to 392 and saw programming. And then 394. Like I said, where I "live" has another NBC as a local (WNNE) and I have the parent station of WNNE (WPTZ) OTA, so I was not lacking NBC. I just saw that other people have had unexpected luck doing it, so I wanted to try. Call it satellite DXing. I hope someone somewhere forgets to turn them off when the Sunbeam issue is over.

The Boston NBC and CW are in dispute and I was able to get the national feeds of both networks (ch 392 and 394) by using this: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIFnorail.jsp?assetId=P4880022#h:573.58

It took less than 20 minutes for both to be turned on. And I have another Directv LIL NBC affiliate so I already had a back-up NBC!

I tried this, website keeps telling me it is not able to process my request, try again later. tried a tech chat, no luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts