retransmission issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dhageremtp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
North Dakota
In my local market, ABC is not viewable due to a retransmission issue. Is direct able to offer national ABC feeds in these circumstances. sure would be nice to be able to watch ABC programming. I can watch them on ABC on demand but are behind on the directv on demand, the ABC app for iphone/ipad is more current, but in order to log in it says I need a directv email, which I do not have. there are also some shows no on demand that my wife would like to be able to see again, such as Live with Kelly.

I think there have been a couple of rare instances when the national feed was offered, like for a Superbowl, but it's not normal.

These are times where an OTA antenna would come in handy...
Wow, good for you ...

I was SHOCKED when I tuned to 392 and saw programming. And then 394. Like I said, where I "live" has another NBC as a local (WNNE) and I have the parent station of WNNE (WPTZ) OTA, so I was not lacking NBC. I just saw that other people have had unexpected luck doing it, so I wanted to try. Call it satellite DXing. I hope someone somewhere forgets to turn them off when the Sunbeam issue is over.

The Boston NBC and CW are in dispute and I was able to get the national feeds of both networks (ch 392 and 394) by using this: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIFnorail.jsp?assetId=P4880022#h:573.58

It took less than 20 minutes for both to be turned on. And I have another Directv LIL NBC affiliate so I already had a back-up NBC!

I tried this, website keeps telling me it is not able to process my request, try again later. tried a tech chat, no luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)