Retro jams on galaxy 18

Status
Please reply by conversation.

neljtorres

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2005
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
Yesterday guys I was going to watch univsion on WYNI and now it has Retro Jams! And a couple of channels that had lost audio and video came back again!;)

I was hoping "RJ" was only part of a schedule that included mostly RTN..Oh well...
It would be nice if they would bring back an RTN station for those of us fixed on G18. Seems the AMG stations pretty much all have the same things on at the same times.

toucan man said:
It's not AC3 audio, which should be good news for the Dolby challenged Retro Jams fans here.
Yes it is good to hear it without hooking up the Sonic Voom headphones!

It would be nice if they would bring back an RTN station for those of us fixed on G18. Seems the AMG stations pretty much all have the same things on at the same times.
RTN wont come back to G18 unless Luken puts it there (doubt it). Equity and Luken had a nasty split with rtn (think really bad divorce) so seeing it there is pretty much nada

AMG has only one feed

Also need to remember that RTN isn't out to please us or make our lives easier. Unfortunatly I haven't watched RTN since they left G18, stupid trees. But as soon as the ice and snow melt I plan on putting up another dish somewhere. I really miss it.

I was watching RetroJams (the non AC3 version) and the infamous "on June 12th we are going digital" scroll I've seen and it says "WNYI will be on digital 20"...usually the channels match up with what the callsign scans in at

so WNYI dropped Univision for RetroJams or maybe its a subchannel?

by the way this hour has been the Michal Jackson-a-thon

dang near every video has been from him

by the way this hour has been the Michal Jackson-a-thon

dang near every video has been from him

Hopefully they have got that out of their playlist for a while now.... I don't mind missing that at all, but hopefully they will be back to more of the classic videos on the weekend.
Just today was playing a DVD I made from a TUBE recording. They had some great videos.

This new Retrojams has included some additional videos not in the previous lineup. They have also reprogrammed their video sets. Now, one of the sets is about 24 hours of videos in alphabetical order. So you end up with 5 Inxs videos consectutively, then 8 Madonna videos, then 6 Michael Jackson videos, etc. Its good if you have a favorite artist, bad if you don't like them. They also still have the more random video sets like before. It just depends when you tune in. Have fun.

ya never know what ya got, 'till it's gone:

Just today was playing a DVD I made from a TUBE recording.
They had some great videos.
I wish now, that I'd taken some 24 hour captures when The TUBE was on.
Would have made into a nice set of multi-hour DVDs.
Great for background entertainment at parties.

Probably should take my own advice, eh?
This new Retrojams ... one of the sets is about 24 hours of videos in alphabetical order.
So you end up with 5 Inxs videos consectutively, then 8 Madonna videos, then 6 Michael Jackson videos, etc.

I notice a lot of their videos were taped off of MTV, I can tell their graphics when they show the artist and titles. I watched a lot of MTV growing up as a kid. :)

Other videos appear as the downloaded them off of Youtube, really blocky and compressed. (Like Marvin Gaye's "Let's Get It On" which is airing now)

I am watching now off the Dolby Digital RetroJams channel instead of WYNI as for me the WYNI sound was out of sync with the video. However the Dolby Digital version is in perfect sync.

One thing I notice since watching the past few nights is that with the change I dont remember seeing "Dancing Queen" or "Love is in the Air" which seemed like it use to play every 90 minutes on the old RetroJams.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts