Returned to Cablevision

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Harrelson 69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2005
I used to be a Cablevision subscriber but dropped them in 2002 for Direct Tv. Decided to come back for a few reasons:
1. Direct Tv prices keep going up to the point they are not as cheaper than Cablevision.
2. D* HBO package $12 for 7 channels. C* 11.95 for 11 channels.
3. HDTV; D* pay an additional $10 for it plus pay for the HD box and Dish. C* included with your package.
4. Verizon does not offer DSL in my neighboorhood.
5. Bought Optimum Triple Play; saving $ 50 a month for the next year compared to paying for D* and Verizon.
Does any one know if Cablevision will be adding any channels in June? I live in Brooklyn, New York

welcome back. Do not know the answer to your last question as cablevision is very tighlip about channel addition. The big thing going for them is the implemantation of the switch video which is supposed to given them lots of capacity for more channels. What they will do with this remains to be seen? You would think that the will bring the Voom channels at full resolution and any hd channels out there to be competitive with Dish now.

I came back to CV too for the same reasons. I'm a big sports fan and the CV HD offering is better than I can get elsewhere. I have FIOS for internet but I will not switch to FIOS TV unless they get YES and MSG in HD.

NJguy said:
I came back to CV too for the same reasons. I'm a big sports fan and the CV HD offering is better than I can get elsewhere. I have FIOS for internet but I will not switch to FIOS TV unless they get YES and MSG in HD.

FIOS Tv just signed a Deal to offer YES-HD
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=68595

You probably will NEVER see MSG-HD or FSNY-HD on FIOS Tv
since they are Both owned by Cablevision :down

Last edited:
Harrelson 69 said:
I used to be a Cablevision subscriber but dropped them in 2002 for Direct Tv. Decided to come back for a few reasons:
1. Direct Tv prices keep going up to the point they are not as cheaper than Cablevision.
2. D* HBO package $12 for 7 channels. C* 11.95 for 11 channels.
3. HDTV; D* pay an additional $10 for it plus pay for the HD box and Dish. C* included with your package.
4. Verizon does not offer DSL in my neighboorhood.
5. Bought Optimum Triple Play; saving $ 50 a month for the next year compared to paying for D* and Verizon.
Does any one know if Cablevision will be adding any channels in June? I live in Brooklyn, New York

What are you going to do after the year is upand Cablevisioin raises your rates to be inline with eveyone else? I't only cheaper for that first year.

ron

ronfelder said:
What are you going to do after the year is upand Cablevisioin raises your rates to be inline with eveyone else? I't only cheaper for that first year.

ron
A friend of mine is currently on a 9 month suspension from Directv (he just said hes going overseas) when the 9 months is up hes going to cancel Cablevision and reactivate directv for 2 months. Then he is going to go back to Cablevision, hes been told that after 30 days he will be considered a New customer again so he should get the 12 month discount again.

After the 1 year deal, I will stay with Cablevision because: they will take $25 off my bill bill because I have all three services, Optimum Voice, Optimum Online and Optimum Cable. This will bring the phone and high speed back down to 29.95 each ($15 off the high spped and $5 off the phone) and $5 off my cable bill. This will still save me about $30 a month compared if I stayed With Direct Tv and Verizon dial up with 2 lines. Plus AOL with high speed is only $10 a month with Cablevision as opposed to $25.95

Harrelson 69 said:
This will bring the phone and high speed back down to 29.95 each ($15 off the high spped and $5 off the phone) and $5 off my cable bill.

you got that wrong its $25, because the internet is normally $49.95, so its like the internet & phone stay the same and the tv goes to its normal price no discount

In one year the internet will be $44.95 because i will still have cable. The $25 is off the entire bill (cable,phone,internet). So it really doesn't matter how you break it down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts