Returning to Dish ...

gandia9

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
I lived in Western NY and had dish for the first year I was there. After a few summers, some of the trees completely blocked my signal and I had to go with FIOS for the last year. Now we are moving to TX and I am thinking of re-activating my account. Any ideas on special reactivation offers, as opposed to the standard new customer ones? I have seen various offers from retailers, but they all seem about the same. Just trying to get back without being raked with fees and new pricing plans. Thanks!

New customer deals are the best. You might get a new Hopper setup for free.

Just be sure to post here how many TVs for independent viewing, how many are HD, what sort of programming level you're looking at and anything else you can think of. We can then recommend what system (or choice of systems) might be best for you. And what your monthly fees might be.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Being away for more than 3 months means that you are treated as a new customer and all new customer deals apply only. Which isn't a bad thing since new customer deals are the best.

Yeah, I see your point. It was nice to have some of my old grandfathered things like cinemax for a penny and various credits, but i'm sure other things will come along.

Yeah, I see your point. It was nice to have some of my old grandfathered things like cinemax for a penny and various credits, but i'm sure other things will come along.

Cinemax for a penny is no longer offered. Any credits you had would not be grandfathered, so you're better off qualifying for new customer deals.

I think I will shop around a bit. We'll see. Dish was always really good to me and I loved the service, just trying to save the most money possible. It seems that the prices keep going up.

Last edited:
I think I will shop around a bit. We'll see. Dish was always really good to me and I loved the service, just trying to save the most money possible. I seems that the prices keep going up.
For all providers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)