Status
Please reply by conversation.

TheHamNerd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 15, 2014
Yukon, Oklahoma
Does anyone have a dish parked on 113W for Reuters News? Does Reuters News have any other channels KU band on any other birds?

I show Reuters on TP: 12047/H/14300 Is this correct?

When I was lining up my dish for 113W I did not have that TP in my meter. I will add it to my meter soon. I know I am not on that TP very well, I think I tuned for TP: 12079/H/25634 To me most everything on that bird is foreign, and or religious programming. I am more interested in news at the moment.

As far as Reuters TV News goes, do they have anything else on that bird, or is it on that one TP only? Also, do they have anything on any other KU bird? I am not hung up on Reuters, I just like news and was wondering if it was worth parking a dish in the future for just TP 12047? It seems like that it a test or uplink frequency, because there is not much on it constantly worth watching. I think I was watching the sun come up in Israel last night, and different shots from around the city, then live fire from military.

Thanks,

TheHamNerd

Lyngsat has it listed as 12046, SR 14200, Horizontal. (and is what I have it scanned in as) AFAIK it's just one channel.
I have fixed on 103 and 99 for DSNG services. 91 w is also a good one. You'll have to watch it [113W] a while to determine if it's worth a dedicated dish.

Lyngsat has it listed as 12046, SR 14200, Horizontal. (and is what I have it scanned in as) AFAIK it's just one channel.
I have fixed on 103 and 99 for DSNG services. 91 w is also a good one. You'll have to watch it [113W] a while to determine if it's worth a dedicated dish.

Thats strange my receiver had it default @ 12047/H/14300

I have seen Reuters referenced at 12045/14300, 12046/14300

I guess they can vary in frequency....is this normal?

Thats strange my receiver had it default @ 12047/H/14300

I have seen Reuters referenced at 12045/14300, 12046/14300

I guess they can vary in frequency....is this normal?

I understand a ch can show some variations depending on receiver, I´ve noted that when comparing my scanned freqs. with those posted sometimes here or on Lyngsat. ;)

Reactions: TheHamNerd
I prefer sathint.com, but I check both.

I just went through all my 97W TP's and changed a few to match the list on the SR! I am learning the hobby. I guess not every receiver has the most accurate TP freqs...it is a good thing that you can edit everything in the receivers!

I guess that is more of what you can call fine tuning...Like FatAir said....these receivers will get you in the ball park...it's up to you to fine tune. I am learning! :clapping Don't worry, I will continue to ask questions! LOL No matter how stupid they sound...that is how we learn.

Lyngsat has a typo on the Symbol rate. It should be 14300 and not 14200.

There's some sort of bombardment going on now on the Reuters channel. It looks more like flares than high explosives, but they're covering quite a bit of area.

Reactions: TheHamNerd
There's some sort of bombardment going on now on the Reuters channel. It looks more like flares than high explosives, but they're covering quite a bit of area.

Man your not kidding! Big FIREWORKS!!! Even has a live mic! You can hear the shelling!

Status
Please reply by conversation.