Review: Vbox-X Postioner!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

coinmaster32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
USA
After taking it out of the box, here is a review! :)

The power cord seems rather thin. Even though it is UL listed, it's thinner then any other power cord I've ever seen. However after using it, it does not get warm, so no complaints there.

The manual is one of those Chinese-to-English translations. Although there is some misspellings, and wordsstuck together, it was easy to follow.

Seems to count pulses well, very accurate. Moved it to where the internal actuator limit clicks, then all the way out, then back in to where it clicks, was on the same exact number every time! :)

Transformer does not hum, relays seem quiet.

Built in circuit protection is a plus.

F connectors and power connections seem well made, not loose.

I'm using it as a stand alone. So I dunno how good the diseq function is.

The casing seems decent. Not the best,not the worst. The silver paint seems thin, and rubs off easily, could of just left it black, or made it out of silver plastic without painting it.

Looks like something from 30 years into the future!:D

Let's take it apart!

dscn2158en.jpg

Circuit board is VERY good. Soldering is nice, components evenly spaced. It gets an A in my book. F Connectors are high quality.

So here is my opinion. Out of 10, it gets a 7. If you want a good postioner, get it!

EDIT: I forgot to mention this. There is no mention of a manufacture or a warranty on it.

Attachments

• dscn2158en.jpg
    dscn2158en.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
I don't know if this influenced your grade, but two deficiencies I see are:</br>
1. The RF block is not enclosed in a shield.
2. At least, the transformer is on all the time, or it seems that way. They should at least have had a low power logic supply, which turns on the main transformer. A most they should have used a switch-mode supply, and a double insulated 18AWG cord.

When I first got into C-band, I had a manual actuator controller which had separate power supply transformers for the pulse counter and display, and for the motor control. I put a switch on the AC side of the motor, and another to switch the display off.

I've had mine running a couple of weeks now with a DVB-S setup. I completely use DiSEqC only. I plugged it in and turned it on and haven't touched it since. It Turns off when I close the DVB program and comes on when I start it. I'm very pleased with this unit.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)