Reviews: SatHawk PVR800 WorldDVB DVB-S2 HD FTA Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Could someone upload the new firmware? Where are you getting it, directly from DVBWorld?

ZeeIrish, the only documentation we (meaning U.S. users, who only have one retailer carrying it that I know of) have for the unit is the file which is posted in the manuals section here. It omits some things, and says other things that are just wrong.

nah working on it right now

sats are all set up...TP's are entered (one per sat)
just setting up LNB LO and then motor

hang tight :)

WOO HOO!

motor will move dish on a H transponder now :)

Just logged in 93W as true south and set up a TP...moved dish to 95W and logged CCTV. Set up the other sats going east down to 74W. Logged ONN in. Told dish to go from ONN (74W) to CCTV (95W) and it did :)

Then flipped back to ONN and it went back to 74W

so tentatively the motor is working...gonna give it the full test here soon :)

found a new fix too :)

basically when you set up a satellite for Diseqc 1.2 the old way no matter which satellite you were on when you went into antenna setup it would default to the 1st satellite in the list which for me was 72W....

now it goes to the sat your on. So I am on 95W and go to antenna setup and the menu shows 95W....not 72W and the motor taking off :)

Thanks Ice for testing the new fix and confirming motor movement, good news indeed.

Did they say anything about fixing the stuttering and hopefully 4.2.2 is do able?

I dont know yet. I dont have a HDD set up

havent found a 4:2:2 feed yet...slowly going across the arc logging in channels :)

Still no way to setup a diseqc switch in motor antenna menu, no help for us with c/ku lnbfs and switching with diseqc or 22khz. Box brings up "motor moving" even when you are sitting on the bird you want to scan, just have to hit exit but its annoying. Haven't had much time to play with this so far this week, work is cutting into my fun.

still no 4:2:2

The H works great. Went from PBS on AMC21 (one of the feeds) over to ONN on 74W with no issues and back to 95W and others in the middle :)

works like a charm

Is it still locking up on fast channel changes or dead channels? Mine hasn't been locking up on the former very much since I've tried to slow down, but booting up on a dead channel will lock it up almost 100% of the time if I don't change channels ASAP.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Anyone ever have a problem with floating platforms messing up the dish?

Royal Pain

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)