Reviews: SatHawk PVR800 WorldDVB DVB-S2 HD FTA Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
A couple of questions/verifications from reading this entire thread :)

This is in regard to blind scanning

1) For now, this receiver is best not to mix with a motorized and stationary sats? Its either one or the other, period (watching or BS) ?

2) For all of my stationary sats (T90, # of dishes), I can BS across the array and this receiver will go to the correct 22k/disqec setting for each LNB?

3) Regarding #2, there is no difference between Cband and Ku. Meaning if I have a stationary Cband dish, it will BS with all of my KU dishes?

4) Any limit to LNO settings? I've got a mix of KU hi band, low band, bandstacked (KU and C)

5) In regards to the last few posts about the latest firmware and NA sat lists, is it truely one sat per band required (i.e. G17 needs one for ku and another for Cband).

6) If #5 is true, is the list in alpha/numerical order after adding a satellite? Is that why Lak7 is suggesting useing "83.0 AMC 9 C" and then "83.0 AMC 9 KU", "87.0 AMC 3 C" "83.0 AMC 3 KU", etc etc...

7) With Iceberg's frustration with the last firmware and losing his sat lists, is there a means to save these configs before a upgrade and then add them back in afterwards? If i have to make a bunch of setting for each sat, and include the ones I had to add in due to dual bands (KU/C), that would really suck :(

8) Last question :) Is there a option to select which sat(s) I want to BS on my sat list. Is it only one or all? Reason I ask is that my motorized dish (mini BUD) is connected through a switch so other receivers in the house can use it after moving it with my Classic NA. In order to keep things organized, I would want to add in the C band sat list for every sat within my dish's view that have KU and Cband, but would not want to scan them all in since my dish would only be on one of those sats. That way I could do a mass scan of all my stationary sats, plus one motorized location......then do each motorized afterwards (after moving the sat with my other receiver). A little workaround until issue #1 is resolved.

Tax money is here and I really need a new receiver :)

Thanks in advance for answering :) :)

1) It can not Control a Motor and Switch at the same time. In the Setup Menu, you must choose Fixed or Motor
2) Yes (it should) There is a MultiSat Scan, you first need to input each Sat's Switch setup first
3) However you have the Sat setup is how it will scan
4) There are Backstacked LNB options, should be able to cover what you need
5) All my receivers are like that, needs Separate Sat for each band since you need to specify the L.O.
6) I've never added a Sat yet in the Sathawk, but I think it uses an "Index" order (first come, first served) I didn't look to see if you can reorder by Alpha / Numeric like the AZBox
7) Nope, no way to save, yet. Every Update wipes all his hard work away. I only use 2 Sats, 1 for Ku another for C.
8) I believe you can select which sats you want to scan in a MultiSat scan, I don't know what order is scans them in

Tax money is here and I really need a new receiver
I would not buy this receiver to replace another. For me it's just for Blind Scanning - that's the only thing it's good at right now.

Thanks for the reply Lak7.

I know that this one has a lot of bugs, but its better than what i've seen so far on the market with what I would like to do...and for a good price.

Don't have a DVB-S2 receiver yet and I refuse to get one that doesn't blindscan. That only leaves the Vantage and that one is more expensive and has its own bugs. Both don't do 4.2.2 so no loss

For the Azbox, I really don't need all of the little add ons that others may want. Thats why I have a PC connected to the TV :)
a USB or PCI DVB-S2 card can be gotten cheaply if I find that I am really missing out on some 4.2.2 s2 feeds. Twinhan can take care of the DVB-S feeds.

If DVBworld can find a means to network stream, then I have no other need for another receiver.

As far as replacing, it would only replace the classic NA if the motor/switch bug gets fixed. Otherwise, it will stay in play to move the 4 footer.

1)
8) I believe you can select which sats you want to scan in a MultiSat scan, I don't know what order is scans them in

If I can "deselect" some, then no problem if the order isn't set. I would hope though that on a motorized set up that it starts from one end of the arc to the other (save the motor some added movements)

If not, then I would hope that would be one added request to the long list of fixes.

For the Azbox, I really don't need all of the little add ons that others may want.
Same here, I just don't use them.
The Vantage has a horribly slow Blind Scan, don't go there.
I'd wait to see if the AZBox Ultra has a Hardware Blind Scan, that's at a good price too.

I'd wait to see if the AZBox Ultra has a Hardware Blind Scan, that's at a good price too.

I may do that. For the Azbox today, you can stream to a pc, correct? For the high bitrate issues, you'd be able to eliminate it by watching the feed streamed to your PC? BS and highbit rate issues were the two main probs with the Azbox that time I checked. and the whole AC3 issue on the more recent firmwares :)

With the AZBox, you can't record or stream High bit rate, it plays everything fine
I don't know of any AC3 issues with the AZBox

So on the subject of saving channel lists, has anyone ever tried to connect to the serial port on this receiver to see what would happen? User "zeeirish" thought it should be possible, although I think he was basing that assumption on the first line of the features list for the receiver, which says that it's compatible with the Dreambox, which I've seen no evidence for whatsoever. Out of boredom, I was going to try it today, even though I have no idea whether it takes a straight cable or a null-modem cable, but then I discovered that I don't have a serial cable with the right gender of connector on it, and I'm not buying an adapter for something that might not even work.

So on the subject of saving channel lists, has anyone ever tried to connect to the serial port on this receiver to see what would happen?
Yep, spent an afternoon trying, without success. But don't let that stop anyone else.
I did get some of signal using a Null Modem and nothing with a Straight Through cable.
If there was a way, I'm sure DVBWorld would have told us.

Thanks for trying, somebody had to! I did my part portscanning and packetsniffing, and I didn't come up with anything either.

can anyone confirm if this reciever can do custom LNO.

What I mean is that on my classic NA, I use "Single" for my bandstacked Cband lnb (5150/5750) and I use a LNO setting of 13850 for my DN fss bandstacked LNBS. I also believe that sadoun has some ku bandstacks that use the 10750/10100 settings.

Can this receiver do the same as my NA does now?

LNB Options are:
Universal: 9750/10600
unicable: 9750/10600
unicable: 10200
5150-5750
5750-5150

Thanks again Lak7!

no 13850 or 10750/13850 is a showstopper for me. No way I am going to replace all of my bandstacked LNBs

Scott
When you blind scan with 10750 as LO it does go up to 12900 automatically so it will still scan the info

12200 H is 12400
11700 H is 12900

on bandstacked

When I blind scan after about 30% up to 50% on the bar to show how status unless I'm near a DBS it just scans nothing...then it switches polarity and from 80 to 100% its the same way

I dont have a bandstacked LNB around anymore (KU....sold them all) so I cant try to see if it truly does work but from enough blind scanning with the Sathawk the last 20% of the band it scans is usless most times

Thanks ice! I am so use to using 13850 and scanning the 14800-16000 range now with my NA. As long as it will scan the entire range, I am good then. Can you hardcode voltage on this receiver? i.e. would only scan 13V at 10750 and get all of the V at 11700-12200 and H from 12400-12900?

no the blind scan is both polarities but it would scan
11700-12900 V first then 11700-12900 H (or is it the other way around...I forget) ;)

sadly the blind scan is just that....blind scan.
no way to fine tune it (freq step, polarity only, freq range etc)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)