Reviews: SatHawk PVR800 WorldDVB DVB-S2 HD FTA Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
well I bought a portable hard drive off Ebay for like 10 bucks shipped. Its only 40GB but I hooked it up to the Sathawk and it works fine recording (high bitrate feeds excluded) ;)

I like I can set it to .ps to record and then play it back on the computer with windows media player :)

on the topic of updates, has there been any determination if 4:2:2 is something possible via firmware update? thats about the only thing holding me back from getting one.

I just made up my mind, and went ahead to order this baby, since my old Fortec receiver started to freak out by shutting itself down sometime when I press my remote control.

I, do have a USB flash drive for the new FTA Sat Hawk receiver and looking foward to new TV DXings in DVB-S2 and HD, SD!:):hungry:

I, will worry about 4:2:2 later in the future, so that's not that a bad deal anyway.:)

I just made up my mind, and went ahead to order this baby, since my old Fortec receiver started to freak out by shutting itself down sometime when I press my remote control.

I, do have a USB flash drive for the new FTA Sat Hawk receiver and looking foward to new TV DXings in DVB-S2 and HD, SD!:):hungry:

I, will worry about 4:2:2 later in the future, so that's not that a bad deal anyway.:)

I would say this receiver would give you some enjoyment, though I'm no expert.

In fact this is my first post. I've been lurking for a while registered a bit ago and have been reading information until my eyes bleed. I think when I finally locate a decent BUD for a reasonable price in the Oregon area and start my FTA tinkering, I'm probably going to get this baby as a starter box to go with a Gbox Mover and a C/KU-band LNBF.

It seems there is no such thing as a perfect Receiver. The AzBox seems to be held as the messiah currently but I can't seem to find where one buys this item, and it too has problems. It seems this hobby is very much about people who want to tinker and not people that want to Ron Popiel it (set it and forget it :p).

That all being said if you go into this receiver knowing the issues put forth here you will have an enjoyable experience.

But what do I know. :D

I'm probably going to get this baby as a starter box to go with a Gbox Mover and a C/KU-band LNBF.
Keep in mind that the Sathawk can not control a Motor and LNB Switch at the same time.

The AzBox seems to be held as the messiah currently but I can't seem to find where one buys this item,
AZBoxusa.com . The AZBox Ultra HD (Sat Version) looks promising. It "should" do 4:2:2 and have Hardware Blind Scan.

Keep in mind that the Sathawk can not control a Motor and LNB Switch at the same time.

AZBoxusa.com . The AZBox Ultra HD (Sat Version) looks promising. It "should" do 4:2:2 and have Hardware Blind Scan.

I did read that, I had forgotten because I have read so many reviews. Was that because of a bug or is that how its designed? I guess the next choice would be the Pansat 9200HD Toaster Model. :D

Kept going to Azbox.com Thanks For the info.

Currently, when the Firmware is updated, it resets all Sat and Channels data.

But I bet it's possible, with the right knowledge, to replace the data in the firmware file. We've already seen versions with and without card-sharing support, and the files were the same size, so it would just be a question of where to put the data.

Boy this is a long thread so I never read every post, so forgive me if this has been covered, and I am sure it has been.

So this receiver comes with European sats, not NA, if so I am assuming you can name your sats, that would be food for me, I could name them as they are in the 4Dtv.
I am assuming the updates are takeing care of the earlier posts problems.
Thanks
Terry

Yes, when you create a satellite entry, you can name it whatever you want.

The locking up because of changing channels too fast is gone, and the locking up because of buggy or dead channels is gone as far as I can tell.

That's the catch, when you update, it wipes the Sat and Channel setup, so you would need to reset everything.
Only 1 problem has been taken care of, Motor now moves properly with Horizontal TP selected.

Boy this is a long thread so I never read every post, so forgive me if this has been covered, and I am sure it has been.

So this receiver comes with European sats, not NA, if so I am assuming you can name your sats, that would be food for me, I could name them as they are in the 4Dtv.
Thanks
Terry

yes you can rename them. I went in and removed all the eastern satellites then started with 72W and worked my way across the arc with new sats.

So you can name them their name (Galaxy 17), abbreviated version (G17), 4DTV version (GB), or custom (91W satellite) :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts