Reviews: SatHawk PVR800 WorldDVB DVB-S2 HD FTA Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So far, recording seems to work fine for me with the June 18th firmware. I'm not sure if I tried it with the May 30th (or whenever it was) firmware.

The only issue I'm having with the current firmware is that yes, it's still locking up about as often as not when scanning 97W Ku. It does it on a different transponder each time, so I don't think it's anything funky with the signals. I haven't tried deleting the channels and/or transponders and starting over, but I know that people in other countries use this receiver for pay services (legally or otherwise) so I rather doubt that channel overload is an issue.

Have you got one of these receivers or are you just posting in general about it? If you know how to write code for it, feel free to fix it and a number of people will be grateful for your efforts.

Somebody has been and still is coding for this receiver. If you will start with the very first firmware, and load each new release, ending with the 618 firmware, you will find some coding differences in them. For one, the dump feature was added. Two, the update by RS232 was removed.

Some things cannot be fixed by updating firmware. Some things were not designed to be modified or changed.
A few of us have talked to some people in China who tell us that this motor/switch problem is not a simple firmware fix. After waiting for months, this is obviously true.

I take whatever Sadoun posts about this receiver with a grain of salt. The information that he posts is not consistent with what we have been told from the folks in China.
Hopefully the motor/switch issue and some other problems with this receiver can be resolved, but I am not optimistic about it. GregH

i was trying to buy one of these recievers from a forum member here but once the deal was crankt i havent heard back. the problem isnt with being able to write the code but having a means to compile the code. im curious to see if the firmware realeases come at the same time for the sathawk and the other similar recievers.

crackt out,.

Have you got one of these receivers or are you just posting in general about it? If you know how to write code for it, feel free to fix it and a number of people will be grateful for your efforts.

Somebody has been and still is coding for this receiver. If you will start with the very first firmware, and load each new release, ending with the 618 firmware, you will find some coding differences in them. For one, the dump feature was added. Two, the update by RS232 was removed.

Some things cannot be fixed by updating firmware. Some things were not designed to be modified or changed.
A few of us have talked to some people in China who tell us that this motor/switch problem is not a simple firmware fix. After waiting for months, this is obviously true.

I take whatever Sadoun posts about this receiver with a grain of salt. The information that he posts is not consistent with what we have been told from the folks in China.
Hopefully the motor/switch issue and some other problems with this receiver can be resolved, but I am not optimistic about it. GregH

No new coding is happening for this box. All the firmwares that come out just enable or disable features in the underlying code. Someone has the compiler and the code and all he does is just clicks the check box for original features from the raw ali framework. There are no fixes per say. Just enabling or disabling features that were already coded by some anonymous parent coder

No new coding is happening for this box. All the firmwares that come out just enable or disable features in the underlying code. Someone has the compiler and the code and all he does is just clicks the check box for original features from the raw ali framework. There are no fixes per say. Just enabling or disabling features that were already coded by some anonymous parent coder

that anonymous coder is probly an ali software engineer.

crackt out,.

Not a totally bad receiver.... but it could've been a lot better if the folks in China would've had their act together. The motor switch issue should've been a no brainer. Mine still locks up at least once a day if you ask it to do something to quickly lol....Guys I think it is what it is, and that's all it will ever be.....Blind

If you look at the European forums, you will see that some of these numerous updates that have been released are addressing issues that they are having. This at least points to a pirate coder.

Here is what has been posted on the ac3 audio problem.

Ok Latest news about the solomend boxes is as follows.
The firmware i uploaded has to be flashed to the box before the ac3 problem can be fixed.
Next you need to go the the information screen in the menu and write down all the information on that screen Mac address, Machine, NC, Version.
This information then needs to be sent to the person you purchased the box from.
They then forward this to the factory. The factory then make you a firmware file for your box which is made from the information you supply so please make sure you get it correct.
You then upload this file to your box and the ac3 problem is then fixed. As i said before the factory will charge you a small fee upto $5.00 for doing this.

hello, everybody:
Sorry for too later to tell you the following message:
The motor bug will be fix in a week, and I think the ac3 will be free for everyone soon.
It's not a scam,I promise. That's true. Please be patient.

People are starting to sell this receiver again. After seeing what they did to the ac3 audio problem, I think they will be able to fix the motor problem. Time will tell. GregH

If they add 4:2:2 ...I'll buy one

dont hold your breath. a software implementation on this reciever for 4:2:2 aint gonna happen.

i tried to buy one of these from a forum member here. but he has disappeared. in my opinion this reciever was still a bargain new @ 180 bucks for a blind scanner. since people are starting to approach me about big dish installs i think this will be the hd reciever im going to offer. if you have a switch and motor in the mix alls one needed to do was slave it to an old cs6k for 20 more bucks. the fix for the motor switch issue is simple and only a gui / menu update. its hard to believe it wasnt adressed sooner. either way if anyone wants to sell me their box pm me.

crackt out,.

It looks like they fixed the remote and smoothed its edges so it does not feel like you are holding a credit card. This new Solomend remote seems to be a great improvement over the previous version. I am trying to get one of these. GregH

Attachments

• 3612 new remote.JPG
    3612 new remote.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 142
Sounds like a scam.

It is not a scam. I have ac3 audio through the tv now where I did not have it before.
At least we have one U.S. vendor that is trying to make things better and is actively supporting this receiver. GregH

The new remote looks to be a great improvement if for no reason other than that they put the color buttons near the arrow buttons! Editing the channel list is annoying with the old remote, unless you have giant hands.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Anyone ever have a problem with floating platforms messing up the dish?

Royal Pain

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)