Reviews: SatHawk PVR800 WorldDVB DVB-S2 HD FTA Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
GBOX WITH PowerTech DG380

I am doing scans now with both setups. It is working great. Ac3 is working well and the picture looks good. I think this box is going to sell fast at the price you can get them for. Have to give Sadoun credit for getting the manufacture to fix the problems it had.:):)

Greg, Can you please post a screen shot of the motor fix. Want to see before believing.

DSCF1921.jpg

DSCF1920.jpg

Thanks Greg, Looks really nice.

I have just ordered 2 online. Sad Sadoun is out of stock of them at this time.

Last edited:
A couple of questions.

So are the "advertisements" in the firmware what is being shown in those screenshots (Sathawk.tv aka Sadoun's web site and number) or something else?

How accurate is it using USALS? Within .1 degree?

I have not bothered to look, but I am almost certain the advertisements are Sadoun's. These advertisements are annoying when you go to edit on some screens. If history repeats itself, there will be a file released soon that does not have these advertisements.

I have no way to measure and see if the motor controls are accurate to within .1 degree. The motor controls are very accurate and stop my 1.2 meter dish at the same place in the arc.
The motor controls are consistent and I have not had any problems with the dish motor getting "lost" or "wandering" in the arc. After running this receiver a few months, I would say the motor controls are extremely accurate and they do carry to two decimal places(.00) in this receiver, whereas most stbs carry only one decimal place(.0).

Two issues:

1. I have this receiver as a slave to a C-Band analog receiver. How do I get it to Auto Scan Vertical transponders? It will only scan everything as Horizontal. They seem to have omitted that setting in the Antenna Setup menu. It would be nice if they could put it back--but in the Single Satellite Search menu, instead.

2. Using composite output, the picture is tinted towards the GREEN side on NTSC output. PAL output is normal.

I have not see any SatHawk PVR800 on e-bay is there any other name that they go with.

Can the Sathawk receiver now do AC-3 out from the Audio and Video cables or just out on HDMI

Sadoun wrote me this today:

Hi David, these will be available next Tuesday. Yes, they will have the latest firmware update (which includes a fix to the AC3 sound and the Motor/Switch issue). Also, a newer IR remote will be included with these receivers which is easier to use than the older remote.

If i were Sadoun, I will not have let these fixes out when i am out of stock. These receivers are selling now like hot cake on ebay.

I have not see any SatHawk PVR800 on e-bay is there any other name that they go with.

Can the Sathawk receiver now do AC-3 out from the Audio and Video cables or just out on HDMI

It now decodes AC3 to output it over the analog cables. It will also decode it to HDMI and coaxial S/PDIF if you select LPCM instead of bitstream from the digital audio output menu. (The menu selection was always there, but previously it would only output the un-decoded data no matter what you selected.)

I couldn't get the firmware to take via USB. The Sathawk said No files...Abs or something like that. It also had two files that said PVR..etc...If I try and look at the file on the computer it says please insert disc....multi volume disc etc...I'll try and download from Sadoun's site....Doesn't look like their file is a .ABS either....Ok how are you guys loading the file then? Thanks, Blind

Last edited:
I couldn't get the firmware to take via USB. The Sathawk said No files...Abs or something like that. It also had two files that said PVR..etc...If I try and look at the file on the computer it says please insert disc....multi volume disc etc...I'll try and download from Sadoun's site....Doesn't look like their file is a .ABS either....Ok how are you guys loading the file then? Thanks, Blind

Here is a link to an unzipped file. Try it.
[ame=http://rapidshare.com/files/404257887/HDS2_SatHawk_Motor.abs.html]RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting[/ame]

I Just Changed File Name To all.abs It Loaded Fine But I Still Cannot Get ac3 To Work Thru Hdmi.
Check your ac3 audio setting.
Press the menu button on the remote, then arrow down to System Setup.
Highlight TV System and press OK.
Arrow down to Digital Audio Out, highlight it, then change it to BS out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)