Reviews: SatHawk PVR800 WorldDVB DVB-S2 HD FTA Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That sucks!!! All of my lnbs are split by polarity on 22ks, and then disqec. That sounds like it would mess up all of my channel lists since it would scan both H and V on one sat.....when that would actually be 2 sats (one V and one H).
I may just need to drive down to sadoun's next weekend to take a closer look at this thing but its sounding more and more like this receiver is the wrong one for me :(

uh no you cant

auto scan there is no other options for frequency or polarity options. I just checked

Maybe I'm not understanding what he needs to do, but under "antenna setup" I see Polarity: Auto, H, or V.

when you do a blind (auto) scan there is no options to scan just H or just V like other machines do.

Now if you change the settings in the antenna setup to just V or just H (if it allows that...I not near mine right now) then when you say auto scan I wonder if it will just scan one polarity?

well gosh dang Jim...learned something new :)

Scott...it looks like you CAN scan one polarity only with a fixed dish setup. At the bottom of the antenna setup it says polarity and normally its set to "auto" but if you change it to "V" or "H" and then do an auto scan it will only scan that polarity. I tried it on 105W which has both V & H polarity. Set the polarity to V and then said auto scan. It only scanned vertical polarity

Thanks for the scanning info.
This is a good reason as to WHY there needs to be an owner's manual for this receiver.
Support from the vendor for this receiver at this point in time seems to be little or none!!! Hopefully this will change soon. Greg.

I use Single, 10750 for my Dish stacked FSS LNB, but recently I have been scanning horizontal only instead of vertical only to give the LNB more voltage.

uh no you cant

auto scan there is no other options for frequency or polarity options. I just checked

on mine I can select just vert channels or just Horz in the antenna setup and it scans just that polarity. have it slaved off of the 922 so I can only scan one polarity at a time.

well gosh dang Jim...learned something new :)

Scott...it looks like you CAN scan one polarity only with a fixed dish setup. At the bottom of the antenna setup it says polarity and normally its set to "auto" but if you change it to "V" or "H" and then do an auto scan it will only scan that polarity. I tried it on 105W which has both V & H polarity. Set the polarity to V and then said auto scan. It only scanned vertical polarity

Super sweet!!! So it sounds like it will scan based off the setting for that given sat. If that is the case, then that will work for me.

I use Single, 10750 for my Dish stacked FSS LNB, but recently I have been scanning horizontal only instead of vertical only to give the LNB more voltage.

Tron,

Are you getting all of the tps when scanning your dish FSS lnb? are they showing up like ice said they may at 10750 ( 11700-12200 for V and 12400-12900 for H; in reverse).

If this is true, then I'm back in :)

The bandstacked scanning brings up another question about the freq range it scans.

Ice mentioned that the KU scan for 10750 goes from 11700-12900, which would be kinda annoying if the BS was really slow since there is nothing really beyond 12200 . What about Cband (5150). Does it scan 3700-4200 or 3400-4800? I would imagine that it would have to cover the 3400-3700 range somehow

I have seen a Freq of 35xx on 58 west.
The Blind Scan is very fast, about 4 minutes, but you can Exit out early and keep what was scanned.

Ice mentioned that the KU scan for 10750 goes from 11700-12900, which would be kinda annoying if the BS was really slow since there is nothing really beyond 12200 .

I can scan most sats in under 4 minutes. The only one I seen issues was 74W because it kept trying to grab 77W too. Since 77W mostly switched to Turbo QPSK it doesnt bother the receiver any more

Yes 12200-12900 is a ghost town for most of us but it whips through that pretty quick

Tron,

Are you getting all of the tps when scanning your dish FSS lnb? are they showing up like ice said they may at 10750 ( 11700-12200 for V and 12400-12900 for H; in reverse).

If this is true, then I'm back in :)

Mine picks up everything that it should from 125W, but not necessarily in the order it would using a regular, voltage-switched LNB. I've never had any issues with it missing any TPs...

Ok guys if you had to order the receiver again would you? I'm expecting mine this week. Even without 4:2:2 seems like it will work ok for me. Maybe with future firmware it will gradually improve...let's hope anyway. Blind

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts