Reviews: SatHawk PVR800 WorldDVB DVB-S2 HD FTA Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
no problem

now that I remember...it does scan in the data TP's on 91W that are at a 2500 s/r
but I know it has issues with KTEL on 79W (2170 s/r)

Maybe I missed something....There's no manual PID entry? What about the CW channels on 91W. I had to manually enter them in my Fortec...So dumb question is how does one get them on the Sathawk? Blind

I'll double check, but I think they do scan in.

The CW channels on the 91 bird will not scan in as they do not put PID, AID and PCR numbers in the stream. The receivers need that info in order to lock in to the transponder. For as long as I can remember it has been that way. They always have to be entered in manually because they are not in the stream. Have a great day! :)

It's true, there's no manual PID entry.

It does not do any good to locate a transponder if the receiver is not capable of viewing the open channels on it.
No manual channel entry means I won't be watching CW or Telemundo with this receiver.

Hey guys, I just got my receiver today and went to hook it up tonight. Well, I got a surprise. Sadoun set me a model made for Europe. This is a 240 volt model. The plug is just 2 pins not compatible with our electric outlets. Anybody else get one of these? Guess I will be making a call tomorrow to return it. I have been waiting over 2 weeks to get this thing and now I can't even try it out. It is not even the Sat hawk brand. It looks like it but it says it is a Solomend reciever.

Solomend is the correct name for this receiver. SatHawk is a name that was given to this receiver by Sadoun.
This receiver is supposed to work from 110 to 240 volts so look closely at the plug. Mine will be here tomorrow so this is all of the information i can give you right now. Greg

Hi Greg, thanks for the quick reply. No, this is a 240 volt model. I am looking at the back of it right now and under the line cord it says ~ 100- 240V 30W Max. There is no switch to change the voltage to 120 and the plug itself is just 2 narrow pins. Any suggestions?

Hi Greg, thanks for the quick reply. No, this is a 240 volt model. I am looking at the back of it right now and under the line cord it says ~ 100- 240V 30W Max. There is no switch to change the voltage to 120 and the plug itself is just 2 narrow pins. Any suggestions?

it will work with any input voltage from 100 to 240 volts. you need a little plug converter. i need to use one with my emp 17x4 switch and my prof 7500. it plugs on to the pins and has the proper us plug blades. you can find them for 5 bucks. look for travel converters.

here is a pic of one such device. it may not be the exact one you need but i included it for illustration.

hxxp://www.semsons.com/eutousplad.html

crackt out,.

Hi Crackt, thanks for the reply. Where is a good place locally to get one of those? Some where like radio shack or something like that? Do all of these units come this way? Should I give Sadoun a call about this?

Hi Ice,I was just checking on it and they are out of stock on those right now. Know of any other places that might have them. I don't want to have to order one if I don't have too. I would like to go get one tomorrow before I go to work. I was thinking maybe Office Max or someplace like that. Isn't it the pits to get a new toy after waiting for a few weeks, then it finally arrives and you can't play with it!

Status
Please reply by conversation.