Reviews: SatHawk PVR800 WorldDVB DVB-S2 HD FTA Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Off topic but an easy way to test a remote is to use the video camera on your mobile (cell) phone, point it at the IR LED and press a button, you will see it light up white on the phone

Again, off topic but you could also test a remote by using a am/fm radio. Just tune in on a quiet place on the am band. Next, place the remote near the radio's antenna and press all buttons one at a time. You should hear beeps coming from radio. This will verify that the remote is transmitting.

New File, Got it today. I loaded it up but havent finished evaluating yet. Good luck! Lets keep this thread alive!!!

Attachments

• NM_HDS2_CMT_1005120406.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 159
Another factory in China is making these same receivers as Airbox S301. I contacted one of the engineers and this is what he told me.

" Hi XXX,

Thank you, the motor and Diseqc can not use at the same time. this is right becuase if you use Motor, you should not use diseqc, why you want to use them at the same time?

Best Regards,

XXXX "

From the above, it is clear the updates to these receivers are done by people who are hard coded to think you cannot control motor and switch at thesame time. How do we convince them?

I agree with Lak7. It got old switching from fixed antenna to motorized antenna just to use Diseqc and at the same time just to switch C or Ku bands. I have left mine to fixed antenna but I have to remember what position the dish needs to be in to use C or Ku. Fortunately, most birds that I like have both C and Ku transponders on them thus I don't have to remember many positions. I do think that the receiver needs the ability to use Diseqc and allow 22k switching at the same time in order to view channels saved in memory and of course allow the motor to be moved to the new position. In short, it's kinda weird that a receiver operates this way making you choose C or Ku not both. Surely, the manufacturer must be aware of C/Ku LNBF combos and switches with a C dish and a Ku dish connected to them in general - my 2 cents.

Hey, I really pick up on any real changes in that firmware rev.

I flashed the box with Ferguson Ariva 100, Az_America 900HD firmware. Froze the box both times (easily recoverable though) .

Right now I have the firmware open in a hex editor trying to swap the boot loader with the main program, also trying to over-write the 9750-10600 universal with 5150-10750. No promises but Im trying.

If you guys know of any similar receivers that have firmware posted for it and you want me to examine the bin or try loading on my box, post it!

These bins are very similar.

Here are the Firmware Ive flashed, that havent worked

Ferguson 100
Ferguson 100E
Az_America 900HD
SatElita 2000HD
Metro_AliHD
HX3T
F90HD

No luck

There are only a couple receivers I know of (and they're all old...like 6 years ago) that couldnt do motor/diseqc. It was one or the other

Hell motor/22k would be an improvement

Here are the Firmware Ive flashed, that havent worked

Ferguson 100
Ferguson 100E
Az_America 900HD
SatElita 2000HD
Metro_AliHD
HX3T
F90HD

No luck

Ago, Welcome to the club. I've tried all those too but failed, though the hardware is thesame. The annoying thing about this receiver is that, the hardware seems to be so great. But the software looks like a high school kid project. It is very aching that you spend $230 on a receiver but cannot use it. But they keep sending out new firmware updates that only focus on perfecting card sharing. I bet if motor/switch issue was illegal, we would have had a fix.

I bet if motor/switch issue was illegal, we would have had a fix.
LOL

Keep in mind that simultanous Motor and Switch Control is not in the units description, nor implied.
This unit only uses 10 Watts, and only 1 Watt in stand-by.

If someone wanted to learn assembly language for a 300mhz mips processor, they could write their own interface for the hd pvr800. During my college years, I remember taking assembly language for x86 processors and its been too long ago for me - lol

If someone wanted to learn assembly language for a 300mhz mips processor, they could write their own interface for the hd pvr800. During my college years, I remember taking assembly language for x86 processors and its been too long ago for me - lol

I know mips assembly. But I have know idea how one would apply that knowledge with the hardware.

My solution was to get an azbox ultra for 266, only 80 more than the sathawk... well worth it. Anyone want a sathawk for $100?

Hey Guys,

How hard would have been to add a 5150/10750 22Khz Lnb option? From what Im getting from comparing from thex files from all these different boxes they are all very similar and then slightly modified. Im playing with hex editors and disassembler's to try to get a 22khz option to work.

Very frustrating, just release the bloody source code, Its all mips open source and prob. orginated from an Ali reference design anyway, what do they have to protect?

Anyway, just wanted to vent, I'll keep playing around this evening. At this point though the Azbox is looking more and more attractive every day!!!

Reading the thread, this has been discussed...but has anyone found a way for VLC to play the TS (*.dvr) extension? Or any video program for that matter...DVDDream didn't want to play it either. This is a 1080i feed that I recorded.

I like this receiver, as it is my first ever...

Another question, 4:2:2 - the feeds that are pixilated like you're trying to watch something on the computer without the codec - is that the 4:2:2 programming? Or will it not even tune 4:2:2?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)