Reviews: SatHawk PVR800 WorldDVB DVB-S2 HD FTA Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It Is Connected Thru A Receiver That is The Way I Had A s/v 8000 Before I Got This One With Receiver Off Sound Would Pass Thru But It Has Not Worked With This One.

If you want to have it decode AC3 so that you can listen to it via HDMI on something that doesn't accept AC3 over HDMI, you have to switch the digital audio output (under the video system menu) from BS to LPCM.

Just did my update from the link on sadouns site and all went well.I had no audio problems with my hookup to my HD TV so dont know if that fix did anything.Did i see somewhere that this update will fix problem with loosing everything on a upgrade.It gets aliitle tireson re entering some sats and rescanning.

Yes, you can now dump the satellite/transponder/channel list to USB and load it later. (After you load it, you have to shut the receiver off and restart it before your list becomes active.)

This has been in the firmware for a few versions now, but this is the first time in the sanitized and branded version of the firmware that Sadoun is providing.

You can't use the editor program, posted elsewhere, on the channel list file though. The editor only works on a copy of the full firmware image (which you can also dump now). That seems stupid.

You can't use the editor program, posted elsewhere, on the channel list file though. The editor only works on a copy of the full firmware image (which you can also dump now). That seems stupid.
If you change the extension of the database file that the receiver saves from ".dbs" to ".abs" you can then edit that file with the editor. When you are finished editing, you save it to the ".abs" as a "user database" and then rename the extension to ".dbs". The receiver will then be able to load your edited file.

Also, to those wondering how to change the background image, it's quite easy to do:

1. Make your own .jpg image of 720X576 pixels using whatever picture editing program you have.

2. Find a program such as BatchDVDStreamsConverter or FFMPEG.

3. Convert the file to a .m2v file and load into the receiver.

And for those wondering about .rar files: RarZilla Free Unrar - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Last edited:
Good Tips

If you change the extension of the database file that the receiver saves from ".dbs" to ".abs" you can then edit that file with the editor. When you are finished editing, you save it to the ".abs" as a "user database" and then rename the extension to ".dbs". The receiver will then be able to load your edited file.

Also, to those wondering how to change the background image, it's quite easy to do:

1. Make your own .jpg image of 720X576 pixels using whatever picture editing program you have.

2. Find a program such as BatchDVDStreamsConverter or FFMPEG.

3. Convert the file to a .m2v file and load into the receiver.

Good Tips, Worked great for me. Thanks

Thanks, I'll have to try that. The thing I didn't like about working with the full 4-MB dump to edit channels is that when I re-load it, I have to go back through the menus and change any other settings that I've changed. There's an option on the dump menu to include the system settings in the dump, but I tried it one time and when I re-loaded the image, it complained that it was too big!

Hi All, I hope you like the progress on this receiver. Let us know if any other changes required.

The one thing keeping me from this receiver is that it won't handle high bitrate feeds. That is what I'm most interested in, especially from the HD perspective. I'm not sure if the hardware is capable and the software has issues, but if that could be fixed, I'd order immediately :) ...

heres some interesting news by the Company that i think makes the sathawk,solomend and others. wondor why they did this? DVB|LNB|Dish|Dreambox 500s|Strong 4663x|Captiveworks 800s|wireless share smart card|Shenzhen Wanying Electronics & Technology Co.,Ltd

Sorry, "www.wydvb.com" does not exist or could not be found

The website you are looking for may be experiencing problems, is temporarily unavailable, or there was a typing error in the address.
Error: (DNS), click the back button to try another link.

I'm having issues setting up this new firmware...

So each satellite requires its own setup now? Like USALS, but I need to setup USALS for each on the list?

I actually can't get it to save my USALS info, it resets to 0 0 every time - maybe I just need to play with it more, but this new antenna setup menu is annoying and frustrating

The link you posted claims that it's going to be called OPENBOX (a thoroughly stupid name, as it does NOT appear to be open-source!) But on another forum, I've seen a post, also with pictures, claiming that it's going to be called INVEL.

Then there's the issue of two different pictures of what's supposed to be the new remote...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts