Revolution

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
Hulu Plus has the pilot episode available in advance of the Sept 17 premiere. So I decided to watch it last night, since there was nothing else to watch, and this was one of the few shows I was looking forward to.

Huge mistake.

The show was awful!!!!!!

Bad premise, bad acting, bad storylines, etc...

Supposedly electrictity stops working, and in 15 years everything falls apart. Sorry, but the country got along fine without it for over 100 years, so that premise is bad to begin with.

Plus the acting, ugh... And the characters, they're basically trying to make the one teen girl lead into the girl from Hunger Games.

Storyline is pretty bad.

The show tries to be both Jericho & Hunger Games, and fails tremendously on both counts.

All in all, I don't think I'll see episode 2, and already have deleted the timer.

Consider yourself warned.

Hulu Plus has the pilot episode available in advance of the Sept 17 premiere. So I decided to watch it last night, since there was nothing else to watch, and this was one of the few shows I was looking forward to.

Huge mistake.

The show was awful!!!!!!

Supposedly electrictity stops working, and in 15 years everything falls apart. Sorry, but the country got along fine without it for over 100 years, so that premise is bad to begin with.

Plus the acting, ugh... And the characters, they're basically trying to make the one teen girl lead into the girl from Hunger Games.

Storyline is pretty bad.

The show tries to be both Jericho & Hunger Games, and fails tremendously on both counts.

All in all, I don't think I'll see episode 2, and already have deleted the timer.

If you are talking about people addicted to the internet,then yes,I can see the world falling apart. Another person reviewed this show & wondered why people weren't using stream power like steam engines. I guess the premise is the world devolving into a medieval agrarian society without ANY modern conveniences like running water or flushing toilet,something that Ancient Rome seemed to accomplish doing in their times. Well,I'll just have to watch & make my own opinion about the show. You have to wonder though,what about solar energy or wind power? What about mills run by running water? All of these questions will be answered as soon as I go to Hulu Plus & watch the pilot.

Being an NBC show it probably doesn't stand a chance anyway.The premise does seem absurd though.Still plenty of residents here with spring garvity water.Power gone no big deal build a fire.

Huge mistake.

The show was awful!!!!!!

Storyline is pretty bad.

I don't know, I see some potential here, although being on NBC it probably won't last long. Sure they went to extremes but it is a very real possibility. Modern society is held together because of electricity, refrigeration, modern medicines/procedures, mass transit, etc... Our society of millions upon millions of individuals could not support itself without electricity and modern machinery.

This is the type of story that I actually like, so many what if's.

Our society relies so much upon electricity now, that something catastrophic like that could very well push the world back several hundred to a thousand years. Electricity and modernization have allowed the world to expand quickly. The population of NYC has expanded almost 10x in the last 100 years. How are you going to feed, cloth and shelter that many people without modern amenities? How are you going to get enough food to that many people without a modern transportation system? How are you going to plant and harvest enough food for that many people without modern equipment?

People would starve pretty quickly. There would be no way to plant crops and harvest except with very modest equipment (like a horse and plow). Yes before electricity people lived because they all had the tools and devices that were needed without electricity. We do not have these tools any more. They would have to be made again. Also the population was much, much lower and far more agrarian. It would take a long time to even build the old steam equipment.

I could see the world going back to the dark ages for a while, and slowly build back up to the level of the 1800s.

It looks like it might have potential. One of the ads looked really cheesy, though. I'm going to try it.

S~

I wonder if Revolution is going to incorporate a lot of flashbacks ala Lost? I ask because if Elizabeth Mitchell is a cast member & her character is supposed to be dead...... I just wonder if viewers will buy into it or consider it a rip-off of Lost? This show does seem predictable,I figured out that "General" Monroe the warlord was that guy's buddy in the car when the lights went out & the planes fell out of the sky before they showed him at the end with the M tattoo on his arm & then in the tent. it occurred to me after they found the brother/uncle in the hotel tavern & the friend/buddy was nowhere to be seen.

Yep as much as folks want to give up on the new/young generation I just don't see it that way.Sure some would fail but,humans have a survival instinct built in.I'm sure there would be few that could figure out how to build things,hunt,etc.

Yep as much as folks want to give up on the new/young generation I just don't see it that way.Sure some would fail but,humans have a survival instinct built in.I'm sure there would be few that could figure out how to build things,hunt,etc.

well except for the ones that are vegans, they could eat leaves :)

The main problem I see is that a large section of the population would probably starve/die before they figured out what was wrong.

Essentially if I understand the premise, no electricity in any form works, so there would be no communications and essentially every device we have would no longer work. So, if you were to wake up today and find out that had happened, what would you think had happened? An EMP? Are we at war? A terrorist act? There would be no way short of a wave of bike messengers to travel everywhere to investigate and find out that it happened everywhere. Most people would probably stay put to guard their houses and possessions, waiting on help to arrive. After all the military must be working to fight the enemy and eventually rescue would come.

Essentially everyone would exhaust local food supplies. No one would be thinking to have to abandon everything and get out to the countryside and start farming before it is too late. Even then how many have horses and plows? A modern farmer would be helpless also, who has a horse? They might have an old family plow out in the barn rusted from 100 years ago if they were lucky. Even then they might get overrun by starving hordes from nearby cities.

I could see decimation of the population. People would not even realize there was a real problem until it was too late to even try to do anything about it.

Last edited:
The main problem I see is that a large section of the population would probably starve/die before they figured out what was wrong.

Essentially if I understand the premise, electricity in no form works, so there would be no communications and essentially every device we have would no longer work. So, if you were to wake up today and find out that had happened, what would you think had happened? An EMP? Are we at war? A terrorist act? There would be no way short of a wave of bike messengers to travel everywhere to investigate and find out that it happened everywhere. Most people would probably stay put to guard their houses and possessions, waiting on help to arrive. After all the military must be working to fight the enemy and eventually rescue would come.

Essentially everyone would exhaust local food supplies. No one would be thinking to have to abandon everything and get out to the countryside and start farming before it is too late. Even then how many have horses and plows? A modern farmer would be helpless also, who has a horse? They might have an old family plow out in the barn rusted from 100 years ago if they were lucky. Even then they might get overrun by starving hordes from nearby cities.

I could see decimation of the population. People would not even realize there was a real problem until it was too late to even try to do anything about it.

wait, everyone cant just walk outside and shoot game?
not everyone has 200,000 chickens in thier backyard?
hhmmmmmm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts