Revolution

NBC is on a roll lately...

The Event, Heroes, Kidnapped (Kraven recommended on Netflix), Revolution. All shows are based on great ideas but NBC dropped the ball on all of them
with overly complexed storylines which go away from the central plot (Heroes s2-3-4 and Revolution S2), too long "mid season breaks" which kills momentum (The Event) and a horrible Friday night time slot (Kidnapped).

Don't know who's running the show over there at NBC but some folks need a good kick in the arse.

Frustrated? Extremely!
Surprised? None in the least.

One of the big problems with scifi type shows is not going too far out and lose the audience. Happens all the time, not just an NBC problem.

Here's a for instance. For awhile back in the day, most scifi shows that lasted quite awhile would get time travel in there. The sure sign that the show was on the way out was when the time travel shuffled them to the old west.

You forgot to mention Hannibal which, in my opinion, is one of the best shows on television...yet one that nobody is watching due to it being on NBC and perhaps a bit too dark and quality-filled for the average Joe six-pack.

NBC is on a roll lately...

The Event, Heroes, Kidnapped (Kraven recommended on Netflix), Revolution. All shows are based on great ideas but NBC dropped the ball on all of them
with overly complexed storylines which go away from the central plot (Heroes s2-3-4 and Revolution S2), too long "mid season breaks" which kills momentum (The Event) and a horrible Friday night time slot (Kidnapped).

Don't know who's running the show over there at NBC but some folks need a good kick in the arse.

Frustrated? Extremely!
Surprised? None in the least.

One of the big problems with scifi type shows is not going too far out and lose the audience. Happens all the time, not just an NBC problem.

Here's a for instance. For awhile back in the day, most scifi shows that lasted quite awhile would get time travel in there. The sure sign that the show was on the way out was when the time travel shuffled them to the old west.
Back to the Future 3???

I think one of the big problems is that they only order 13 or so episodes, and by the time the figure out if there is an audience, they have created too big a delay on the back half of the season.

I think one of the big problems is that they only order 13 or so episodes, and by the time the figure out if there is an audience, they have created too big a delay on the back half of the season.
They save money this way though :( Don't want to invest too much into a "failure" show.

It's called "risk management", but unfortunately the bean counters are so adverse to taking risks anymore that failure is almost assured. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy... :(

Yep,and that's why they load up on more crap such as,dancing with the biggest loser.:rolleyes:

Maybe they will all wake up and realize that the world did not end, the whole thing was just a laboratory accident and they have been in comas for years while nanites repaired their brains...

Hmmm, now that might pull it out of the trash bin ...

Thise of us in the thread may have made the show MUCH better, had NBC listened !

And the Non Network stuff isn't ?

Movies, sports, news, radio...a lot of that is better than network and non-network programming. There's stuff out there to watch...just need to be more selective. Revolution was the first network scripted drama I've bothered with in a long time because the premise interested me. I'm sticking with til the end just because I want to see how they leave it...

Movies, sports, news, radio...a lot of that is better than network and non-network programming. There's stuff out there to watch...just need to be more selective. Revolution was the first network scripted drama I've bothered with in a long time because the premise interested me. I'm sticking with til the end just because I want to see how they leave it...

Hint: they will leave it with the world still "unplugged" at the end, with a ending that I'm sure that will leave everyone hanging ...for ever.

Of course everyone (viewers) will be left hanging .... unless NBC told the show's writers that they were done at the end of season 2.

I dropped Revolution after watching the final episode of Star Crossed,which I didn't finish after reading the "'FU' CW" cliff hanger that it ended,& I realized why would NBC be any different. I'll watch the final episodes on Netflix when they get them. The only cancelled show I'm going to follow through to the end is Crisis,unless they want to end on a cliff hanger too.

I dropped Revolution after watching the final episode of Star Crossed,which I didn't finish after reading the "'FU' CW" cliff hanger that it ended,& I realized why would NBC be any different. I'll watch the final episodes on Netflix when they get them. The only cancelled show I'm going to follow through to the end is Crisis,unless they want to end on a cliff hanger too.

After the first episode it was pretty clear Star Crossed was going to be cancelled, the ratings were too low.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts