Rewind Current Channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Richfunb

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 30, 2009
Colorado Springs, Colorado
When I turn on my HR24-500 receiver, I can rewind the first channel which comes on approximately 1 1/2 hours in the past. But when I turn on my HR44-200 receiver, it will not allow a rewind. Is this just a difference in the receivers or is my HR44 not working properly? Or is there a switch which I need to turn on? Any help would be appreciated.

I have had the HR24, HR34, and HR44 and none of them have ever been able to rewind when I first turn them on at all. Some say they can but I have many friends with DirecTV and none that I have seen have this feature. Consider yourself lucky on the HR24!

This is not so much of a feature but more of a pleasant error. Your dvr is caching the last channel it watched while it is in standby mode. This is not intentional. I would also double check your dvr is actually being turned off. When you shut everything down.

With the DVRs, it's an intentional feature. But with the Hr34 and HR44, it's pretty random as to whether the buffer is there or not. Something to do with the way the multiple tuners are managed.

This definitely won't guarantee a buffer but might help you have it more often on the Genie HR34/44, turn off Genie Recommends (which records shows it thinks you might watch using tuners when in standby) and turn off Power Saving feature.

Genie Recommends can be disabled by entering ’1998? with the remote, Page Down to the bottom selection (Genie Settings), select off.

Mine is random also on the HR-44. Some shows I can start over and others I can't .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I had R22's they could buffer while off but the HR34 I dont think ever did. And if it did that was a major fluke

Mine is random also on the HR-44. Some shows I can start over and others I can't .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To clarify, are you referring to the pop up about watching from the beginning... Or a channel having a magic buffer when you turn on the receiver?

To clarify, are you referring to the pop up about watching from the beginning... Or a channel having a magic buffer when you turn on the receiver?
good point. I know the OP is referring to whatever channel the receiver was last on (like Tivo does)

I leave my HR44 on and it does the 90 minute buffer like my HR24. I understand that I'm lucky as some that leave their HR34/44 on for a long period of time still lose the buffer.

Thank you to all who responded to my original post. I wasn't aware that the rewind feature was only available on a few receivers with no real logic behind which ones had the capability. Very interesting. Again, thanks.

Thank you to all who responded to my original post. I wasn't aware that the rewind feature was only available on a few receivers with no real logic behind which ones had the capability. Very interesting. Again, thanks.
I think the HR34/44 are the only ones that dont have that "feature". I know the older DVR's did.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts