Rewinding a Show That Is Already Halfway Through

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tripplesix

Feb 13, 2013
Washington, DC
Okay. I have tried to find the answer all over the place (on this site and elsewhere; even on Ch. 1) with no success.
If the answer is simple, then my bad:doh:.

I was told by DTV that with the Genie (I have the HR34) I could be watching one channel (let's say I.D.) and then change to another channel (let's say Discovery F&H) while the show is halfway through. But I could still rewind to the beginning to see the whole show on Discovery F&H. I actually did this before, once only. And once it rewinded to the beginning, I hit record.

I was also told that not only could I go back to the beginning of the show, but I could go back as far as 5 weeks. I don't know how to do that. All I know is on one other occurrence, I changed the channel and a thing appeared on the bottom third of the screen telling me that I could hit the rewind symbol (I don't remember what else it said or the exact wording).

I have never been able to duplicate either of these.

Does anyone know how to get this to work?? :confused::confused:

JohnL

Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 23, 2003
Spencerport, NY
The only way this works is if your Genie has the Genie Suggestions turned on and that content was already prerecorded, or the other tuner was already on that other channel.

John

vln12

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Sep 17, 2012
oregon
It would be 100% impossible to have every channel ready to rewind on demand.

But yes, CS will say literally anything to see equipment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)