RF capability on HR20-100/700

Status
Please reply by conversation.

diitto

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
Hi... My wife has a new HR20-100 on the system she watches in the living room.. I have an HR20-700 on the system I watch in my office... Where this HR20-100 sits (in a cabinet at a slight angle to where she sits) she has to point the RC64R remote (currently setup in IR mode) at quite an angle to get it to work... Obviously I would like to switch this IR/RF capable remote to RF... However, it's not clear (I am struggling to find the HR20-100 manual) whether there is an internal remote receiver antenna inside the -100 or whether I have to request one/buy one from Directv and hook up this antenna myself... I found one post on another site that said,

"You should also add in stuff about the remote. Like IR and RF. RF antenna internal for -700 and external for -100."

Can anyone confirm or deny that the above is true??? Bottom line is what do I need to do to be able to switch my wife's HR20-100 system with its RC64R remote from IR mode to RF mode so she doesn't have to be so directional when using her remote??? Additionally, if my -700 is the only one of these two (-100 versus -700) capable of doing RF without adding an external antenna I could consider switching systems (as IR is no problem in my office) but I'd rather not have to do that...

So how do I switch this -100 system to RF??? Thanks for any help... bob...

I'm at work so i'm not in front of the dvr but when you enter the setup menu,right at the bottom there's a section called remote. you select then select the ir or rf menu and the instructions will show up on the screen on how to switch to RF mode. did you do this already?

The -100 needs an external antenna to convert to RF. The -700 had a internal one. I would just switch the boxes or order aa antenna from D*.

The -100 needs an external antenna to convert to RF. The -700 had a internal one. I would just switch the boxes or order aa antenna from D*.

yeah that's right. i forgot about that.thanks. at the rear there's a coax connection that says RF antenna. they're real cheap if you don't have one.

Hi... My wife has a new HR20-100 on the system she watches in the living room.. I have an HR20-700 on the system I watch in my office... Where this HR20-100 sits (in a cabinet at a slight angle to where she sits) she has to point the RC64R remote (currently setup in IR mode) at quite an angle to get it to work... Obviously I would like to switch this IR/RF capable remote to RF... However, it's not clear (I am struggling to find the HR20-100 manual) whether there is an internal remote receiver antenna inside the -100 or whether I have to request one/buy one from Directv and hook up this antenna myself... I found one post on another site that said,

"You should also add in stuff about the remote. Like IR and RF. RF antenna internal for -700 and external for -100."

Can anyone confirm or deny that the above is true??? Bottom line is what do I need to do to be able to switch my wife's HR20-100 system with its RC64R remote from IR mode to RF mode so she doesn't have to be so directional when using her remote??? Additionally, if my -700 is the only one of these two (-100 versus -700) capable of doing RF without adding an external antenna I could consider switching systems (as IR is no problem in my office) but I'd rather not have to do that...

So how do I switch this -100 system to RF??? Thanks for any help... bob...

In case your still looking for a manual :
DIRECTV: Support : Equipment : Receiver Manuals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts