RF remote controls both?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chastulsa

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 4, 2003
I have a 811 and a 510. Is there a way to switch rf frequencies? When I am watching one box it switches it on the other also during use?

-Chas

I was having the same problem, my 522 PVR & my 811HD remotes were both set to the same frequency. I was able to change the RF code on my 522. It allowed codes 0 to 16. Check your owner's manual, it is a simple procedure if the 510 works like the 522. I don't think you can change theRF on the 811HD, atleast not with the 522 procedure.

Turn off the 811.
On the 510, go to the System Info screen (press Menu, 6, 1 I think).
Note the number next to Remote Address.
On your remote, press and hold the SAT button at the top of the remote till all the buttons turn on.
Enter a number 1 through 16, no zero necessary for 1 through 9 (not the one that is currently displayed on the screen).
Press the pound sign (#).
Press the record button on the remote.
The number should change on the screen.

KEEP IN MIND - You will need to keep the remotes separate now. The remote you just changed will no longer control the 811.

Hope that helps!

aperry said:
Why not, aren't they both RF (UHF)?

Actually, yes, and no.

They are both UHF, however, the 510 is on DISH's old UHF frequency, and the 811 uses the new UHF PRO frequency. The new PRO frequency (not sure the exact freq.) lets you operate the receiver from farther distances. The 811, 921, 322, & 522 are all UHF PRO.

It is possible that Chas is actually in range of the IR eye, and the signals are bouncing to the other recievers that way. Either way, changing the remote address as demonstrated above should fix the problem.

Mainstreet said:
Actually, yes, and no.

It is possible that Chas is actually in range of the IR eye, and the signals are bouncing to the other recievers that way. Either way, changing the remote address as demonstrated above should fix the problem.

Nope, both were on Freq 1 changed one of them per page 25 and walla!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)