Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I am hearing a very strong rumor, that RFD TV will soon only be available in the AT200 package and above as of March 23rd.

RFD TV has been FREE to everyone as a public interest channel. However recently a court decided that RFD TV did not qualify as a public interest channel.

My MIL watches it all the time. She has the AT100 package. Will this change to the AT99? ;)

Hmmm...maybe this explains a survey Dish sent me by email recently (AT100 subscriber). The first question asked me if I watched RFD TV. My answer was no, and that was the end of the survey.

Hmmm...maybe this explains a survey Dish sent me by email recently (AT100 subscriber). The first question asked me if I watched RFD TV. My answer was no, and that was the end of the survey.
Same here. Looks like Dish was checking the resistance of AT100 subs.

Talon Dancer

Not that it matters much, but the ruling was from the FCC and concerned unallowed Commercial content which exists on the channel, not the least of which is the Cattle Auction(a paid commercail program in effect).

The move to AT200 would be consistent with the fact the channel recently was moved to 110w from 119w,

I would think the channel has sufficient following to justify retaining the channel in AT200.

For wifey and me it's one of the most watched channels, one of the reasons I won't switch back to cable. There used to be even MORE interesting and varied content (Mannheim Steamroller and the Big Joe Polka Show, anyone?) but I can see why it doesn't qualify as a public interest channel (man, I didn't know how big the manure spreader market was before I had RFD-TV). :)

Too bad for those in the rural audience who might not be able to get the more expensive package and who REALLY benefit from RFD-TV.

=NLK=

Ok I have just got word that this is NOT a Rumor, its TRUE.

RFD TV will remain free until 4/3 and then it will be only available in the Dish Family Package or the AT200 or above package.

When I had dish, I watched that channel quite a bit, actually I know lots of people who enjoy it and will miss it unless they upgrade. Is directv changing how they offer it? last I knew it was in the most basic of basic there.

Oh this is not going to be good.... I install in the middle of nowhere and RFD is very big with the farmers around here... if I had to guess i'd say a lot of them are going to downgrade to the Dish Family package rather than upgrading to the AT200

I do not understand why they would move it to the Family Package as well since it is cheaper than AT100. Makes about as much sense as Hallmark Movie Channel only being in the cheapest package - Family Package. The only reason why Dish would do this is if the channel may not be watched that much and saving money by not having it in AT100 but then again its in Family Package. Could we see more channels in AT100 take a similar route in the future which would help keep that package price down?

And by the way, RFD TV is very popular around here. Perhaps by putting it in a higher package that is their way of trying to get extra revenue to those that want to keep it and do not want to lose any of the channels that they are currently using but keeping it available to those on a budget.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts