Rg6 cable vs rg 11 or other grade cable companies

sam1070

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 2, 2014
yakima wa
hello I am planning to go through and wire my house with cat cable and sat/cable rg6 cable or rg11 cable I would like to know has anyone heard what brands dish requires for there wire I know it had to be 3ghz. I am looking to future proof my wiring set up as best I can the house I am living is a rental and the landlord signed off on it as long as I run it on the outside the wall or make it easy to remove after I move out so it would be running along the ceiling. I also would like a good reference on what kind of cable I should buy for cat 5e or cat 6 . I would also need to buy crumpets and fitters etc so I Enoudo like to know some good brands for that equipment and what are some good cat wire company's
Ps please exclude grammar spelling errors etc I am posting this from my phone

Yes, it is VERY doubtful RG-11 will ever be required.

Go with CAT 6 for best GHz performance.

Unless your dish is 200+ feet from your house, no need for RG11. Even then, there are better ways to do it, like using an LA 143 booster, but that gets involved. The only time I have ever used RG11 in 15 years was when the dish was about 500 feet from the house, and we used the amp also.

Reactions: Tecnicoloco
Unless your dish is 200+ feet from your house, no need for RG11. Even then, there are better ways to do it, like using an LA 143 booster, but that gets involved. The only time I have ever used RG11 in 15 years was when the dish was about 500 feet from the house, and we used the amp also.

God I hate those La143 amps.

You can technically get away with 500 feet on Rg6. It's the switch commands that have an issue.

If you split out the polarities and run a separate feed for each keeping the switch about 100 feet or less to the receiver it will work.

hello I am planning to go through and wire my house with cat cable and sat/cable rg6 cable or rg11 cable I would like to know has anyone heard what brands dish requires for there wire I know it had to be 3ghz. I am looking to future proof my wiring set up as best I can the house I am living is a rental and the landlord signed off on it as long as I run it on the outside the wall or make it easy to remove after I move out so it would be running along the ceiling. I also would like a good reference on what kind of cable I should buy for cat 5e or cat 6 . I would also need to buy crumpets and fitters etc so I Enoudo like to know some good brands for that equipment and what are some good cat wire company's
Ps please exclude grammar spelling errors etc I am posting this from my phone

Since your in a rental, and you must remove it when you leave who the hell cares what grade of wiring is used.

Seriously, but the cheapest stuff you can get your hands on. You will be just fine. Who cares about future proofing anything. Your doing a temporary install.

Only spend the money on the good stuff if....

You own the home
You plan on living at the home for a very long time
Your running wire behind walls which will be in-accessible after drywall is installed.

God I hate those La143 amps.

You can technically get away with 500 feet on Rg6. It's the switch commands that have an issue.

If you split out the polarities and run a separate feed for each keeping the switch about 100 feet or less to the receiver it will work.

You have to use 3 DP LNBs with a "W" bracket. We have them in many large commercial installs and they work great.

You have to use 3 DP LNBs with a "W" bracket. We have them in many large commercial installs and they work great.

Yea, you can't go wrong with the Dp stuff

Legacy works also on long runs, but the issue is the even transponders as it requires 18 volts. Sometimes you can't get the LNB to do the evens because of voltage drops and it gives the odds

• Sad
Reactions: Tecnicoloco
Thanks guys for the help I ended up just going into a rent to own contract with my landlord so I will buy a role of rg6 and run it that way

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)