RGB/DVI out and computer monitor

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smikolaj

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Southern NH
Hi, I have a spare 15" LCD computer monitor - I was wonderring if I can hook it up to my HD OTA receiver? Not sure if it will work or if I will ruin anything? It would be nice to watch the football games while trying to get some work done in my office.

Thanks,
Steve

Yes, No, Maybe.

If your monitor has a DVI in connection and you have a DVI out on your HD OTA box, it should work. If your monitor has and RGB in connection only, unless your OTA box has RGB or DVI-I, its not likely going to work.

I have done it with a Samsung 160 D* OTA Box, had to flip the switch to DVI out vice component on the box, and tweak some settings, but it did work.

Mark

I have a ViewSonic VA1912WB and it worked with both RGB and DVI. Set the receiver to 480P first or 720P if the monitors maximum resolution is more than 1280 X 720 example: 1280 X 1024 and 1440 X 900. Connect the receivers RGB out to the monitors VGA in or DVI to DVI. The only problem you might have is setting the video aspect ratio so it dosnt look stretched.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)