RIAA now suing guy for copying his own cds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya know, I really wish the RIAA/MPAA would just die. Or at least become more attuned to what the general public wants.

If they would join the 21st century, and stop being so heavy handed, they might actually find that they make MORE money if they would allow digital distribution.

Sheesh.

Another example of just how stupid these guys are- MPAA rating system- I saw a movie tonight that was rated PG13 for "nudity, sex, violence, and drug abuse" Now if that was PG13, what is R anymore? All the above with foul language added?

Ya know, I really wish the RIAA/MPAA would just die. Or at least become more attuned to what the general public wants.

If they would join the 21st century, and stop being so heavy handed, they might actually find that they make MORE money if they would allow digital distribution.

Sheesh.

I agree!!!!

I agree with you also Don.......ratings anymore(G, PG..etc) are crazy!!

stop buying their products, stop renting, stop going to the theaters, stop buying music, stop listening to the radio (internet included via I-Tunes, Napster, etc.), watching TV, and RIAA and MPAA will go away, they'll learn that they can't just expect everyone to buy crappy music/movies for $20 or more, and that downloading off of the internet is a very small ripple in a very large pond. the reason why they dont' make money is simply, they think we'll pay whatever for their product...

Ok, now that you've dismissed that, get over yourselves. Don't like it, stop buying, downloading, copying, burning, etc... That is the only way RIAA and MPAA will wise up and stop demanding, and perhaps lower prices and sell more product. And certainly, that is what it will take before they figure out digital transmission is good, even if they don't sell every copy that gets transferred.

"Update: We got some more info on the case -- it looks like Jeffrey's actually being sued for illegal downloading, not ripping, but this whole "ripping is illegal" tactic is still pretty distasteful. Check out this post for the full story."

Yeah, this story came out very inaccurate. The guy was busted for sharing songs that he ripped off of CDs.

Good, because if it really was illegal to rip to your computer, I assume that using an Mp3 player would be illegal too...

Yeah, this story came out very inaccurate. The guy was busted for sharing songs that he ripped off of CDs.

He is being sued for illegally sharing the ripped music. However, the RIAA includes statements in the suit to the effect that the act of ripping the songs to his computer is also illegal.

He is being sued for illegally sharing the ripped music. However, the RIAA includes statements in the suit to the effect that the act of ripping the songs to his computer is also illegal.
They can say that if they like but did they sue him for that part ? Nope.... Why ? Because it won't stand up in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)