Rick Pitino Starring in Knocked Up 2

I am really surprised by this. I just can't believe he paid for the abortion, but I guess he was just trying to cover everything up.

What does ANY of this have to do with basketball? Isn't this something personal between him and his family? People...they are normal human beings that sometimes make human mistakes. We make them more than what they are...they are only human.

What does ANY of this have to do with basketball? Isn't this something personal between him and his family? People...they are normal human beings that sometimes make human mistakes. We make them more than what they are...they are only human.

Totally agree with this. But it does have something to do with basketball. The biggest part of his job is recruiting, and Pitino's ability to talk parents of an 18 year old into putting their son in his hands may be affected.

Sandra

Totally agree with this. But it does have something to do with basketball. The biggest part of his job is recruiting, and Pitino's ability to talk parents of an 18 year old into putting their son in his hands may be affected.

Sandra

IF he is preaching "I am perfect", yeah, I would say it is a character issue. But if he saying "I will get you as much playing time as possible"...how does this have anything to do with basketball...??! Is sports on this specific day so slow that we have to delve into peoples personal life?? It's one thing to be arrested because now you are affecting a team...but something in regards to this....??!! To me, this is being TOO nosey....

IF he is preaching "I am perfect", yeah, I would say it is a character issue. But if he saying "I will get you as much playing time as possible"...how does this have anything to do with basketball...??! Is sports on this specific day so slow that we have to delve into peoples personal life?? It's one thing to be arrested because now you are affecting a team...but something in regards to this....??!! To me, this is being TOO nosey....

People may think twice when he comes into their home, that's all...regardless of what he says.

Sandra

Sandra
It's a news story more than a sports story, but a significant one nonetheless. I agree with Sandra that this reveals a lot about Pitino's character and may influence recruiting decisions down the road. (I won't even get into the whole Catholic/abortion issue....;))

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Louisville basketball coach Rick Pitino told police he had sex in a restaurant six years ago with a woman now accused of trying to extort millions of dollars from him.
:eek: That sly dog! Plus he's married! Not good....

It's a news story more than a sports story, but a significant one nonetheless. I agree with Sandra that this reveals a lot about Pitino's character and may influence recruiting decisions down the road. (I won't even get into the whole Catholic/abortion issue....;))

I have an issue with the fact that if there was this pattern....I could agree with the whole character issue...but this is the 1st time of ANYTHING negative I have heard of Pitino.

I think it's more of a issue that she tried to extort $10 millions buck from him.

I think it's more of a issue that she tried to extort $10 millions buck from him.
I'm just surprised by the whole thing. I wouldn't care if Pitino had a mistress or got a divorce. Those things happen. But nailing this chick in a restaurant? Ever heard of a hotel Rick? And then she marries the team equipment manager 6 months later. Think that guy knew what was up? And have you all all seen a picture of this woman? She is CRAZY! This is what you do in Las Vegas, and you know what the saying there is. But you do this Bullsh!t in your backyard it's guranteed to blow up.

Athletes, celebrities, politicians, and people with money should know that their is always a higher chance of someone wanting to smear them or get after money. If they were more aware of this, they'd avoid a lot of conflict. For Pitino's sake, I hope it was worth it. Because what he will have to deal with in the public eye and at home with his family should be a helluva lot worse than any piece of satisfaction he got from that woman.

Rare agreement with salsa.

I'm no fan of Pitino from his KY days, but I really don't want to hear the media drone on and on about this.

I don't really think it comes as a surprise that Pitino may be of less than stellar character. Pitino,Calipari and several others seem to be cut out of the Used Car salesman cloth. Sadly it's probably a plus in the cesspool known as College Recruiting.

ESPN putting it on as breaking news and flashing in neon red is an absolute disgrace.

:up i especially agree that this has nothing to do with sports and i hate seeing crap like this all over espn. i'm tuning in for sports news, not this!