Isiah Thomas freak show rolls on

SandraC

On Vacation
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
NJ
Word is Lance Stephenson, the City phenom who used to be highly recruited but now has teams turning their backs on him, spent a couple of nights in Miami at Florida International, Isiah's new home, on a recruiting trip. The University of Maryland is the latest school to say 'thanks but no thanks' to Stephenson, who along with some on-court issues is facing sexual assault charges.

Even St. John's, who desperately needs a big-time City recruit to begin the resurrection of their program, has backed away from this kid.

This is typical Isiah. The only question is how long it's going to take Isiah to run this poor school's program into the ground, the same way he has destroyed everything else he's touched in the basketball world. I guess the school is trying to get on the basketball map, but more likely in 2-3 years they're going to wish they were still anonymous....:rolleyes:

Sandra

Word is Lance Stephenson, the City phenom who used to be highly recruited but now has teams turning their backs on him, spent a couple of nights in Miami at Florida International, Isiah's new home, on a recruiting trip. The University of Maryland is the latest school to say 'thanks but no thanks' to Stephenson, who along with some on-court issues is facing sexual assault charges.

Even St. John's, who desperately needs a big-time City recruit to begin the resurrection of their program, has backed away from this kid.

This is typical Isiah. The only question is how long it's going to take Isiah to run this poor school's program into the ground, the same way he has destroyed everything else he's touched in the basketball world. I guess the school is trying to get on the basketball map, but more likely in 2-3 years they're going to wish they were still anonymous....:rolleyes:

Sandra
Well, well. I'm not going to go back and dredge up the thread on Isiah when he was hired, but I remember saying that he would do something like this. What a shocker. :rolleyes: I also remember salsa bashing me repeatedly and holding up Isiah as a man of virtue and integrity that would NEVER do anything underhanded. Except, of course, sign players that have almost certainly compromised their amatuer status, which will no doubt lead to an NCAA investigation and sanctions. But besides that I'm sure Isiah's a fine fellow. BTW how long has Isiah been on the job? He's a go getter. :D

Well, well. I'm not going to go back and dredge up the thread on Isiah when he was hired, but I remember saying that he would do something like this. What a shocker. :rolleyes: I also remember salsa bashing me repeatedly and holding up Isiah as a man of virtue and integrity that would NEVER do anything underhanded. Except, of course, sign players that have almost certainly compromised their amatuer status, which will no doubt lead to an NCAA investigation and sanctions. But besides that I'm sure Isiah's a fine fellow. BTW how long has Isiah been on the job? He's a go getter. :D

NO...I was bashing you for BASHING THE SCHOOL....calling the university all kinds of names when you knew NOTHING of the school but the name and that they hired Isiah......PERIOD. Also, I did not think he would do anything underhanded because he would closely watched.

IF YOU FIND ME CALLING ISIAH a "man of virtue and integrity and that he would NEVER do something underhanded......" I will eat my words...GLADLY!

So please go "dredge up" the thread and find those words from any of my post.:rolleyes:

Here is a few stories about this kid....geez, no mention of Isiah or FIU.....:rolleyes:

Choices fading for Lance Stephenson

Stephenson recruitment at standstill

Do teams still want Lance Stephenson? - The Dagger - NCAA Hoops - Rivals.com

Sandra

Can you also provide a link that states that this kid was in Miami on a recruiting trip to FIU? Thanks.

Can you also provide a link that states that this kid was in Miami on a recruiting trip to FIU? Thanks.

Well I'm not good with computer type stuff like links. That's why I never post pictures. The last time I tried to post a link I messed it up badly.

But you you google Isiah Thomas Lance Stephenson you can see the story in plenty of places.

Sandra

Well I'm not good with computer type stuff like links. That's why I never post pictures. The last time I tried to post a link I messed it up badly.

But you you google Isiah Thomas Lance Stephenson you can see the story in plenty of places.

Sandra

Went to most of those links....and almost ALL said "a source close to....."

...not one concrete link naming SOMEONE that saw him at the school.....just innuendo that "they are both headchases....a match made in heaven...."

Went to most of those links....and almost ALL said "a source close to....."

...not one concrete link naming SOMEONE that saw him at the school.....just innuendo that "they are both headchases....a match made in heaven...."

Yes I'm sure all of the different people reporting it are wrong. :rolleyes:

Well I'm sure we can agree IF this is true it's the first step of Isiah dragging this school down the same road he's dragged everything else in basketball. At least the Knicks survived his reign (badly). Can't say the same about the CBA, that he drove completely to oblivion. ;)

Sandra

Believe it or not the CBA still lives. Of course it is no longer the officail feeder league for the NBA it still exists. Several old owners bought back their teams for 41.00 each. It sis down to 4 teams but it is there.

As for the Knicks they basically are letting everyone's contract expire in the hope that they can get under the cap and sign lebron james. If they don't get him I don't know what happens to that team.

If Isiah had hung around much longer the Knicks would have been worth $41 too. ;)

It's almost incomprehensible how much Isiah did wrong, and how long the buffoon Dolan let him run amok.

Sandra

If Isiah had hung around much longer the Knicks would have been worth $41 too. ;)

It's almost incomprehensible how much Isiah did wrong, and how long the buffoon Dolan let him run amok.

Sandra
Maybe Isiah can get a game scheduled for MSG so you Knicks fans can come back and serenade him with the "Fire Isiah" chants again. :D

Taking this OT a bit. This is kind of uncharted territory in higher education. Florida is exploding in population and it has to add 5K student spots per year, just to keep even in its public higher ed system. The state has chosen to do this, primarially, by creating an entire string of "Directional Florida" universities and "Florida *" universities.

FIU did not exist until 1972. Today it has 40,000 students, making it one of the largest universites in the USA. It seems "natural" that any schools so large should have "big time" sports. But, at least in the case of FIU, it seems no one cares about its sports. It drew less than 500 to its basketball games, which are NAIA level numbers.

Can't say the same about the CBA, that he drove completely to oblivion. ;)
Sandra

Believe it or not the CBA still lives. Of course it is no longer the officail feeder league for the NBA it still exists. Several old owners bought back their teams for 41.00 each. It sis down to 4 teams but it is there.

Guess that kills the theory of the CBA driven "to complete oblivion....":rolleyes:

And as far as "I'm sure all of the different people reporting it are wrong".....news sites COPY the same media reports all the time.:rolleyes:

How many times does ESPN, FOXSPORTS, CNNSI copies sports stories from the a news sources when they break the story???

It's hard to believe how far Isiah has fallen in the public eye.

As a player, he was universally admired and celebrated.

My, how times have changed...

Pretty soon, the Knicks will become big spenders yet again. Their cap figure has gone down from $120 million to $70+ million for 2009/2010, even if Curry and Harrington exercise their $10+ million options. Then, next year, their committed payroll is only $18 million. You can buy a "big three" with that kind of cap room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)