Riddle Me This, Where Is Your Search History Stored?

bgsmallwood

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 30, 2004
The Nations
Long story short, my Vip211 died day before yesterday.
Today a technician replaced it with another receiver.

I knew I would have to reprogram my favorites and recreate my list of DVR timers for the external HD.

To my total amazement, when I checked my search history everything I had in my previous search history was still there. :popcorn

SOooo, now my question is this: How is that possible?
I don't think it is stored on the EHD so it has to be stored with my account at Dish network.

Any other alternatives?

i still think that you should be able to save a copy of your timers from Dish Remote access. this would be a great thing if you have a receiver die or upgrade. i have a 922 and can save them to remote but on my 722, no K, i don't have that option like the 722k receivers have with the 20/21.0 remotes that come with them.

i still think that you should be able to save a copy of your timers from Dish Remote access. this would be a great thing if you have a receiver die or upgrade. i have a 922 and can save them to remote but on my 722, no K, i don't have that option like the 722k receivers have with the 20/21.0 remotes that come with them.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I have had to replace several receivers over the years and it's a royal PITA to have to write down all 70 or so timers I have and then re-create them. Then if there are some shows that are not on when you re-create them but will be coming on in a month or two, you can't even make that timer other than a dish pass.

Last edited:
I think you guys are on to something.... It would be nice to be able to store our settings to the EHD, Not sure that would translate to a different model receiver, but at least a same model replacement it would...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)