Ring of Honor Wrestling discussion

I only have had access to HDNet for about a month now and I'm digging a show that actually has wrestling (and not fluff) :)

Have old tapes/DVD's when they first started then kinda got away from the whole pure wrestling aspect (for me) and got into other promotions...funny how I see guys on here that use to be in those other indy promotions

I've only been able to check out the company online (No HDNet via Comcast in my area) and I'm impressed with the quality of the product. They should take over TNA's slot on SPIKE. :D It's not like TNA is going anywhere with 1.1 tv ratings and 7,000-8,000 PPV buys.

i enjoy ring of honor more than wwe and tna and is more wrestling in roh than wwe and tna combined and less entertainment:)

Theres a show on Tru TV called "All Worked Up" and once in a while they have the ROH head of Security Zach on there. Its funny when these fans think theyre tough and get the crap kicked out of them by the wrestlers

Guy gets punched by Necro Butcher
[youtube]ahQlKzYQgLU[/youtube]

and Rhett Titus

[youtube]UKZKojZ9gDE[/youtube]

I've been at other Indy shows when Necro was there and he one crazy MF'er....wouldnt want to meet him in a dark alley
(yes he is the same guy who "fought" Mickey Rourke in "The Wrestler" in the deathmatch)

MO MORE SEEING RING OF HONOR ON HDNET THAT SUCKS.HERE IT IS..RING OF HONOR, HDNET PART WAYS; ROH ON HDNET TO END THIS JANUARY
By Mike Johnson on 2011-01-11 22:10:47
Ring of Honor's series with HDNet will end with the promotion's January tapings in Philadelphia,PA at the ECW Arena, PWInsider.com has confirmed. Those tapings will carry episodes on the network through April 2011.
ROH sources categorized the split as simply the promotion's two year contract with the network ending and in an exclusive statement to PWInsider.com, ROH commented, "Ring of Honor Wrestling would like to thank HDNet for the last two years, especially those behind the scenes that made it possible every single TV taping."

While everyone had high hopes for the series (the network's first foray into pro wrestling), the reality seemed to be that HDNet, as a network, didn't have the brand awareness or clearances needed to really make a difference for ROH as a promotional partner, while ROH didn't have the awareness to bring new eyeballs to HDNet.

While the series produced the most in-ring wrestling per hour of any nationally televised wrestling show, it wasn't bringing in huge numbers for either side and the hoped-for international television clearances revenue didn't pan out, either.

That said, ROH and HDNet have not ended their business relationship entirely. The two sides are currently in negotiations for the network to carry a potential live ROH special in 2011 as well as other potential projects beyond that.

ROH sources noted that they are already free and clear to pursue a new television deal and are currently looking at least one potential new TV partner.

I am told that relations between HDNet and ROH remain friendly and on good terms. It's not a case of the series ending with bad blood.

Following the final TV tapings in January, the promotion intends to take some time off from the Philadelphia market before returning to running regular events.

ROH on HDNet debuted in March 2009. The final tapings will take place 1/21 and 1/22 in Philadelphia.

HERES RING OF HONOR STATEMENT ON IT .... RING OF HONOR ISSUES STATEMENT ON END OF ROH ON HDNET
By Mike Johnson on 2011-01-11 22:29:17
Ring of Honor issued the following statement to PWInsider.com in response to the story I wrote about this evening:

Ring of Honor completed its 2 year TV contract with HDNet. During this time "ROH on HDNet" fans witnessed many great matches, the introduction of the ROH Television Title, and the crowning of new tag champions, among other historical moments. HDNet will air new episodes of ROH until 4/4/11. Please continue to support ROH and watch these new shows on HDNet.

Negotiations are underway for HDNet to broadcast a live special in 2011, and we will bring you more information on that as it becomes available. Ring of Honor Wrestling would like to thank HDNet for the last two years, especially those behind the scenes that made it possible every single TV taping.

The final ROH on HDNet TV tapings are scheduled for January 21st & 22nd in Philadelphia, so come out and support ROH as we close out our weekly run on HDNet. Tickets are available here:

ROH Live Event Tickets - CS-Cart. Powerful PHP shopping cart software.

I HOPE RING OF HONOR CAN FIND ANOTHER HOME FOR WRESTLING OR REACH A NEW DEAL WITH HDNET:)

Everything will be OK. I cant see them not being on TV but they might go to another channel (hopefully one that makes sense them being on)...not like when they had WWE programming on Sci-Fi

Everything will be OK. I cant see them not being on TV but they might go to another channel (hopefully one that makes sense them being on)...not like when they had WWE programming on Sci-Fi

LETS HOPE ICE THEY GET ANOTHER TV DEAL AND I REALLY ENJOY WATCHING RING OF HONOR MORE THAN WWE AND TNA ANYDAY:) I WONDER WHAT CHANNEL WOULD PICK THEM UP BESIDES HDNET THAT HAD THEM ON

In their forums, someone brought up Versus, FX & FOX Sports Net . Personally, I hope that they find an outlet that's available in more homes. I'm on Comcast/Xfinity and I still don't have HDNet, despite a deal being signed over two years ago. Many other Comcast/Xfinity areas are in the same boat. I just wanna watch some actual wrestling.

Last edited:
Versus I could see...hell they need all the programing they can get
FX and FSN not really since there are different owners of the various FSN stations and throw in CSN too. So if you put it on FSN what would markets like Chicago and say Philly that only have a CSN would do? I know CSN sometimes shows FSN programs but having it on one national station makes sense

THAT WOULD BE A GOOD CHOICE ICE I WOULD LIKE TO SEE TNT OT TBS GET WRESTLING BACK ON THERE NETWORK BUT IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN :)

whitewolf

Please turn off the caps lock. It makes it look like your screaming
If you are going to post an article, post a snippet with a link to the actual article. Do not post the whole article (this has been asked of you before)
Also no need to post numerous articles of the same thing but from a different site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)