Ring of Honor Wrestling to debut on Comet TV 12/2

Look at METV. do you see any current programming and they are very successful with keeping true to their format.
I wouldn't consider "saved by the bell" and even "SBTB...the college years" (which MeTV did carry) being "true to their format" which is old shows
I wouldn't consider SvenGoolie part of that either

But I'm happy for Sinclair....now they get their wrestling show out to more eyeballs and bigger audiences. Because I'm sure they would like bigger audiences watching than in places like Kirksville, MO ;)

Just to clear the air, I like Comet ok. While their programming lacks quite a bit, it will improve over time as they become more established. But not everybody likes wrestling....of course nobody likes 6 hrs of paid programming either. I don't want any I'll feelings about my opinions, but I do hope Comet improves beyond Stargate, and Solarbabies for the most part and B rated movies. I am sorry for pissing anybody off. But you have to admit if you look at Antenna tv and METV, they stick to their format and it works.

I wouldn't consider "saved by the bell" and even "SBTB...the college years" (which MeTV did carry) being "true to their format" which is old shows

But I'm happy for Sinclair....now they get their wrestling show out to more eyeballs and bigger audiences. Because I'm sure they would like bigger audiences watching than in places like Kirksville, MO ;)
Ice, no hard feelings. But why can't they focus more on sci fi programming?

SBTB is over 20 years old. To me, that's older programming. Granted not Perry Mason old, but more than 20 years ago. Same as Matlock.

Look at METV. do you see any current programming and they are very successful with keeping true to their format. Just sayin

None of the subchannels have current programming (well except for KDCG which has current local stuff on the H&I affiliate). It's just a Sinclair Thing. They own ROH that's the reason why they are putting it on Comet on their stations. Which it's been mentioned already..

Here is the kicker, the times are 1100 pm Central and Midnight on the East Coast. Hum not too many will stay up that late to watch unless they have the ota recorder or Comet is on their cable provider or the .1 of a full power network on the satellite....

Last edited:
pretty hard to when Vince (McMahon) owns most of the tape libraries of other "bigger" (defunct) promotions.
Although it would be cool I don't see how one would survive on some no name (or lesser known) Independent promotions

In the event McMahon would decide to ever launch a classic wrestling subchannel, since he owns the defunct major house match tape libraries, it would be, in the words of famed Tri-State/Oklahoma/Mid-South Promoter Bill Watts "Its Pandamonium out here, We need help from the back, It's out of Control". That's what would happen to the TV stations and their owners with the flood of calls, email's, and social media messages they would get. That's when I'' just mind my business and keep quiet and stay out the way. The Years most of the promotions were around he would have enough to run it 18 hours with the 6 hours of break in between (you know for the informercials and the kids programming on the weekend). For example WWE/WWF and the old NWA/WCW could run most of the time with Mid-South/Tri-State/UWF, Central States, AWA, World Class, Mid-Atlantic, Portland Northwest, Florida, Georgia, Continental/Gulf Coast covering the rest of the slots. Yes it's possible. Your right it would be nice but the cost to do this and then the ratings of the other subchannel networks like This, Get, and Grit would hit the tubes.....

I for one would love to see it but huh, that might be more trouble than it's worth. I know for sure people around Lafayette would go nuts....

Here is the kicker, the times are 1100 pm Central and Midnight on the East Coast. Hum not too many will stay up that late to watch unless they have the ota recorder or Comet is on their cable provider or the .1 of a full power network on the satellite....

well if you look at their Sinclair listings thats not out of the ordinary. Here in Minneapolis its on Saturdays at 11PM and Sunday night at 1AM. Lots of areas its on late nights

Reactions: localclassictvfan
Sinclair is having trouble filling the time on Comet with reasonable priced sci fi. They could sell time to infomercials. They could go dark at certain times. They could do a lot of things but they chose to use the programming they already produce for their OTA stations. I guess they could give you all Neschannel 8 out of DC but unless you are concerned about weather related school closings and up to the minute DC weather you will not find much of interest.

Wonder how Chattanooga Tennessee station will work? ROH comes on WTVC 9.1 or. 2 can't remember (Sinclair owned) and Comet being on 61.2 is Sinclair owned?)
it will still show on both. Do you think Sinclair would actually downgrade their opportunities to show it? (plus Comet is SD only and most Sinclair stations would show it in HD on their stations)
Remember subchannels (unless its associated with a big 4 network) arent usually carried by satellite.

it will still show on both. Do you think Sinclair would actually downgrade their opportunities to show it? (plus Comet is SD only and most Sinclair stations would show it in HD on their stations)
Remember subchannels (unless its associated with a big 4 network) arent usually carried by satellite.
That's true. ROH is in HD on WTVC. I like the fact Comet is advertising more movies coming up. That's a good sign. Lets hope they're not all B movies. But they are making progress.

Reactions: Mr Tony
Also there are 3 different situations with Comet and Sinclair
-markets with both (like yours)
-markets with a Sinclair station but not Comet (mine...Minneapolis)
-markets with Comet but not a Sinclair station (LA, NY, Denver, etc)

So Sinclair will still show it on their own stations (in HD mainly) + the Comet affiliate for other areas

interesting...they show it on at 11:00 Wednesday night Central, then an immediate replay at midnight.

So on the east coast **technically** the show is on Thursday's (not Wednesdays)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts