Rip Hr20?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

1sweetchevy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
STL, MO
I turned on my TV to find my HR20-700 stuck on a channel and completely unresponsive, I wasn't too worried since it was receiving sat signal and outputting display. I tried an RBR and it got stuck on the checking satellite settings screen. Let it sit like that for an hour or so no change, still stuck. Now I'm starting to worry. I tried unplugging it for a few minutes, plugged it back in, same thing, stuck on that second screen. Seriously worried now. I reset it again, forced a software download, that worked fine, it downloaded the new software and proceeded to continue its boot up, then it gets stuck in the same place it had been. At this point I'm freaking out. It can't be dead, it just can't. I've had this thing since early Dec 2006, and it's been solid as rock. Now it seems to be nothing but a rock. Anyone have another suggestions before I call D* for a replacement. Does anyone know if they still replace dead HR20s with HR20s or will I lose my OTA tuner and get stuck with that damned HR21. And no I won't be buying an AM21, I will not be paying D* to get something they shouldn't have taken away in the first place.

Last edited:
Rip Hr20??

Sorry if this is long, but I'm 2000 mile from home and I'm trying to work out some issues with my equipment for my mom, who is watching my house for me in my absence.
She turned on my TV to find my HR20-700 stuck on a channel and completely unresponsive, I wasn't too worried since it was receiving sat signal and outputting display. I had her try an RBR and it got stuck on the checking satellite settings screen. Let it sit like that for an hour or so no change, still stuck. Now I'm starting to worry. I then had her try unplugging it for a few minutes, plugged it back in, same thing, stuck on that second screen. Seriously worried now. She reset it again, forced a software download, that worked fine, it downloaded the software and proceeded to continue its boot up, then it gets stuck in the same place it had been. At this point I'm freaking out. It can't be dead, it just can't. I've had this thing since early Dec 2006, and it's been solid as rock. Now it seems to be nothing but a rock. Anyone have another suggestions before I call D* for a replacement. Does anyone know if they still replace dead HR20s with HR20s or will I lose my OTA tuner and get stuck with that damned HR21. And no I won't be buying an AM21, I will not be paying D* to get something they shouldn't have taken away in the first place.
I'm not sure which software version it was running or it downloaded as I haven't been home. It sits on a Targus cooling mat and runs around 88-90 degrees and is not networked.

Does anyone know if they still replace dead HR20s with HR20s or will I lose my OTA tuner and get stuck with that damned HR21.

A few months ago I would have bet on an HR20. But I just had mine replaced and it was indeed an HR21.

And no I won't be buying an AM21, I will not be paying D* to get something they shouldn't have taken away in the first place.

Those are admirable words I've used myself. I bought into this rope-a-dope contract with an HR20, and expect an HR20 in exchange. But not this last time. However, after expressing my feelings about the whole situation, and the poor service I've had to endure through the last 8 months, (which has been just short of painful), they sent me the AM21 free. However, true to form, there is a setback. Response times are much slower through the AM21.

If you get it replaced chances are high that it would be a HR21, We do however get some Refurb HR20's every once in a while. You may want to try and contact your local HSP/Subs and see if they have any HR20's in stock (it will 99% be a refurb) before setting up your service call and see if they can reserve it for you. It's a long shot but worth a try.

If you get it replaced chances are high that it would be a HR21, We do however get some Refurb HR20's every once in a while. You may want to try and contact your local HSP/Subs and see if they have any HR20's in stock (it will 99% be a refurb) before setting up your service call and see if they can reserve it for you. It's a long shot but worth a try.

Thanks, I was expecting an HR21, but hoping for a refurb HR20. I'll see what happens.

Those are admirable words I've used myself. I bought into this rope-a-dope contract with an HR20, and expect an HR20 in exchange. But not this last time. However, after expressing my feelings about the whole situation, and the poor service I've had to endure through the last 8 months, (which has been just short of painful), they sent me the AM21 free. However, true to form, there is a setback. Response times are much slower through the AM21.

I was planning on being forced to bitch for an AM21 if they send an HR21.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts