RIP Jane Russell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodbye Jane, RIP. Who could forget you in The Outlaw.....

Poster%20-%20Outlaw,%20The_02.jpg

CNN has almost nothing on this. I'll never forget Howard Hughes comments about her outfit during filming ".... just one is okay...." ;)

You are obviously much younger than I am. Most of her work was a little bit before my time but she was ravishing in my adolescent years.....

... and the reason the world has the underwire bra :)

She was a knockout who held her own on stage with Marilyn, as well as carrying a lot of musicals. Check her in Kiss Me Kate, for example. I loved the way she represented the '40s for the last decade or so.

RIP, Jane

You are obviously much younger than I am. Most of her work was a little bit before my time but she was ravishing in my adolescent years.....
It is just an example of how what constitutes beauty has changed through the generations. I don't even think Monroe was very good looking either. I do understand that they are symbols of beautiful women during their generations

It is just an example of how what constitutes beauty has changed through the generations. I don't even think Monroe was very good looking either. I do understand that they are symbols of beautiful women during their generations

Thank you for your understanding... :)

Large breasts on a slender body was a very rare and desirable combination in the '50s. That changed with Carol Doda and implants in the late '60s. There was also a preference for a bit more padded. less boney look. Face was somewhat secondary and could be more easily fixed with makeup. BTW, I'm closer to Bobby in age.

And knew how to maintain interest without exiting a car in a careless manner. :eek:
;)

Nope At 25 I didn't!. But at 33 I know what I see.

She might as well be smoking a cigar in that picture while drinking a can of Pabst!!

In that particular picture, that's what she is supposed to look like. Isn't amazing what Hollywood, and in particular, Howard Hughes could do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts