Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Just got word that original Mouseketeer Annette Funicello has passed away at the age of 70.

As a kid I grew up with the Mickey Mouse Club so Annette was a big part of my childhood.

OMG! Being 63, I remember a little of the original Mickey Mouse Club, but a lot of the Beach Party movies.

RIP

Oh my, I remember her well from my Jr and Sr high school days back in the 50s. Every bright eyed boy was in love with her and she caused many fantasies for all of them. RIP

Good. What I mean is that it's good her suffering can finally end. I saw a video of her recently and she wasn't even a "person" anymore. I could never imagine myself or anyone I know in her sort of condition. It was heartbreaking.

Update: Found the video. Honestly, it's not for the faint of heart. The only time I've seen someone look like she did in the video was when my mom was taken off her cancer meds and she died within about 5 days. Fast Forward to 4:25 to see what she looked like as of October of 2012..
http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=777119&playlistId=1.985726&binId=1.811589

Last edited:
It was heartbreaking
That it is!! My wife has the same disease (and is about the same age). She has been in a local nursing home the last three years, because heart issues keep me from being able to care for her at home.

RIP.

Most of us take being reasonably healthy for granted (myself definetely included) whereas some folks are dealt a bad hand.

Good. What I mean is that it's good her suffering can finally end. I saw a video of her recently and she wasn't even a "person" anymore. I could never imagine myself or anyone I know in her sort of condition. It was heartbreaking.

i saw a news story that documented her fight with ms. she was basically a vegetable for the past 15 years. but her husband was such a loving and devoted caretaker. she was blessed to have him. she is in a better place now.

MS is a terrible disease. I am glad that she had a loving husband to take care of her at the end.

Thanks for the memories as I was growing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)