RIP SONY WALKMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the article, they were still selling it in Asia.

Its too bad they screwed up so bad with the mp3 market; it might not be a fruit world if they didn't.

I'd still say that an LP sounds soooo much better then a CD when it comes to treble and bass. I'd used to DJ back in the 80's and 90's and still have tons of 12" Vinyl and tons of mix tapes on Cassette. Even cassette playback was even better when portable CD players came into the market caz they skipped as you jogged unlike cassette walkman that were flawless while running..

Your right it does, LP is more clear..goodbye walkman! you were a trend setter!!

I had one back in the 90's and it sounded great for back then. I liked the BASS boost on it. It was just a cassette walkman. I might even still have it somewhere. Used it for a year or two. I am sure MP3 players helped with the demise.

They weren't all that good for jogging with; I tried. Think I still have a couple laying around. Plus hundreds of 5.25" & 3.5" floppies that I guess I oughta toss now. Can't think of much use for the 3.5" cases. Found an unopened one at work the other day. Nothing else fits but pencils.

Status
Not open for further replies.