Roadblock when trying to add another receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blackloz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
Minot,ND
A while back I got my neighbour hooked up with DirecTV and he ended up getting MRV which he never wanted and to make a long story short Him & I went out and bought a HR24 from a local dealer and he is just getting around to activating it today. He tried doing it online and keeps getting told that he has the max # of receivers (which he doesnt' as he has 4 and this one would make 5) so I tell him to do a online chat and the rep is now telling him that the only way to add another receiver is if he buys it directly from D*, so I told him that, that sounds like you know what. To my knowledge you can buy a receiver from any authorized dealer can you not? He was trying to avoid having to call them but this appears to be the only way.

He has 2 HR22's and 2 H24's. I just got off the phone with him and its all working now. D* authorized the HR24 for him. He had to call in I guess.

glad to hear its working

now that puts them at 8 tuners on the SWM setup which thats the max you can hook up (unless you upgrade to the SWM16)

He is not going to be adding anymore that im aware of so I think that he will be fine with SWM8. Im still wondering though why was the online rep insisting that the only way to get another receiver added was to by thru D*? Ive never heard of this before. The price was the same with the local retailer as it was with D* @$199 and this way we made sure he got a HR24.

some reps get confused. When I found a R15 at goodwill for $5 I added it to the account and the 1st rep asked if I bought it through them and wouldnt activate it even though it was considered owned

2nd rep activated it...and 2 months later it dies and they sent me a R22 which is a helluva lot better :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts