Roadrunner email comments

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jcarrera

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Florida
Roadrunner email comments appropriate here, or where?

If here, here they are...
1. just discovered that, in the webmail interface (according to live chat help), emails that are deleted from the inbox, which go into the deleted folder, stay in the deleted folder FOREVER, thus filling up your account storage limits.

2. While in the live chat queue, my status in the queue would count down, THEN START GOING BACK UP! Nice.

Took about 15 minutes to finally get a rep typing. After posing the question of how long does email stay in the deleted folder, I got a reply back saying we would have to do some troubleshooting.

Last edited:
If you go into the deleted folder it even tells you

"All messages included in Deleted Items are counted toward the Total storage limit "

However, they do not stay in there forever. I have yet to empty out my deleted folder and theres only about 7 days worth of deleted msgs.

The folder that doesnt auto delete is your SENT folder, and yes, it also counts as your total storage limit.

That's NOT what the online chat support person said (about the Deleted folder).

Rhetorical: How are we supposed to have confidence in what we hear from tech support when such as this happens so often.

LATER: I just noticed that the inbox, deleted, and junk folders show you the number of messages in it after the name, like this
Deleted (7)

Amazingly, the Sent folder does NOT tell you if there is anything in it. The folder that IS likely to accumulate bytes-eating stuff doesn't inform you. The sense of this eludes me.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)