Rob Lowe Directv commercials

Status
Please reply by conversation.

directv newb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2012
columbus, oh.
When the original Rob Lowe Directv commercial aired a while back (called less asttractive Rob Lowe) I am not going to lie, I laughed my ass of, I thought it was so funny.
I guess I wasn't alone and Directv came out with another Rob Lowe commercial called (super creepy Rob Lowe), I thought it was funny but not as good as the first one, but it was o-k.
Then they rush out another Rob Lowe commercial called (super awkward Rob Lowe), now I was like, o-k, c'mon your really trying to hard now and pushing it and actually ruining it, but whatever. Then last night I see a new Rob Lowe commercial that they must have RUSHED out called (super hairy Rob Lowe), it was SO STUPID AND DUMB. It is like they had a hit with the first commercial and just had to run the crap directly into the ground until it became total ignorant garbage! Directv just becasue the first commercial was great doesn't mean you have to copy it until you ruin the whole idea.

I agree. The 1st one was funny. Haven't seen the other ones yet until just now and you're right. The other ones suck

I guess to each their own. I liked the first 3 although could do without the super hairy version. I like the line where awkward Rob Lowe hopes the cable installer is not a girl... or a guy!

Kind of exactly what I said, the first one AWESOME and the next two o-k, BUT they had to keep going back to the well until it was all dried up and the 4th one was SO STUPID!!!!

They ALL rank right up there with some of the dumbest commercials on TV and to make it worse they play way too often during College Football

I guess to each their own. I liked the first 3 although could do without the super hairy version. I like the line where awkward Rob Lowe hopes the cable installer is not a girl... or a guy!
That was one of my favorites too.

Fwiw, D* commercials are either very good or terrible.

Also, ATT are the same way good or bad.
I can take them for a while, then they need to move on .... Thank you FF button !

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a Dish guy, but I loved the "don't eat poisonous berries, get DTV" commercials. Definitely memorable.

It is like they had a hit with the first commercial and just had to run the crap directly into the ground until it became total ignorant garbage! Directv just becasue the first commercial was great doesn't mean you have to copy it until you ruin the whole idea.

My guess is that they made all of these at the same time, and had a set timetable to release each one. Who knows, there could be even more on the way. They're all part of the current ad campaign from Directv. A year from now, it'll be something different. Of course they are going a make more than one commercial, because no company is just going to have one commercial that gets shown over and over again. Remember the last campaign? The ones that went something like if you have cable this happens, then this happens and you end up in a ditch covered in dirt. Don't end up in a ditch covered in dirt. Get Directv. How many different one's of those did they have?

My cable's out,so I'm down at the rec center watching folks swim. I like Super Creepy Rob Lowe the best.
3036183-inline-i-2-watch-rob-lowe-get-really-ugly-and-super-creepy.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts