Robert from VE got quoted!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I think he's wrong about an end to the war. Whatever company gets both a burner and player out there first will probably win. Blu ray already has the burner. I havent seen the HD DVD burner yet. IMO, the ability to burn your own movies will dictate the winner. Of course that will mean ripping software as well. So it may take a year or so to develop. This whole thing is much bigger than merely playing a Commercial disk in a player. The company that realizes that will win. Otherwise it will grow at a snails pace.

I dont know. Burner is one thing. Cost of burnable discs are the real issue. What good is BluRay if the blank discs cost 10 bucks if HD DVD can make them available for 5. I dont know the real numbers but I think retail price is gonna help one format.

teamerickson said:
Cost will dictate who will win. Even if you could burn can you break the copy protection. This will be much more difficult then DVDs.
Id say within a year after the HD DVD burner is available, commercial software will be available to crack it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)