Status
Not open for further replies.

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
How in the hell do you snub the likes of Kiss, Alice Cooper, Peter Gabriel, Chicago and Rush for the Rock Hall of Fame, BUT acts like Run-D.M.C., Wanda Jackson, Little Anthony and the Imperials, War, Bobby Womack, and Chic actual make it to the voting ballot?

I am NOT saying these artists may or may not eventually deserve to be in at some point; BUT NOT over those I mentioned beforehand! Now Stevie Ray Vaughan was also omitted but he just became eligible this season I think.

What is this world coming to? I guess PC has now made its way to the RnR HOF! GEEZ, the utter shame!

Dont they do the voting once a year? I've no idea who all submits the artists but its as bad as that flute player that was put into a list of heavy metal artists a few years ago.

Yea thats who it was, I kept flashing to an image of Jethro from the Beverly Hillbillies for some reason. I remember the big stink that came up after he was inducted into the rrhof and for weeks afterwards rock n roll morning talk shows were going on about it.

I can see three going in that list as all were part of the their movement into the genre though one I wouldnt consider rock except for a duet performance with Aero Smith but there are definitely others that should be in the rrhof.

Yea thats who it was, I kept flashing to an image of Jethro from the Beverly Hillbillies for some reason. I remember the big stink that came up after he was inducted into the rrhof and for weeks afterwards rock n roll morning talk shows were going on about it.

I can see three going in that list as all were part of the their movement into the genre though one I wouldnt consider rock except for a duet performance with Aero Smith but there are definitely others that should be in the rrhof.

LOL i just came across this thread. after reading the 1st post i was going to bitch why ONCE AGAIN Jethro Tull was not on the list. the band is NOT in the hall, what injustice!!

now i see i have to defend the group. been around since 67 still tourning and makeing great music, albums (for the most part) for awhile , early 70's were THE BAND in the world. sold over 50 million albums. Ian, the lead singer never went around blowing his own (Flute:) ) and he really pissed the critics off after the release of passion play and they never really came back to the band. i think that is why JT nevr received its proper credit.
as far as the grammy goes, they were in the Heavy Metal/ Hard Rock. they are not heavy, but you can call them hard( certinaly not 100%) but when most think of Tull they think the riff to Agualung, that is HARD!!
and to respectfull disagree with Paul: i think "Crest of a Knave" is one of JT best!
Farm on the Freeway" and "Budapest" and rock classic's!!........"Yes and her legs went on for ever, like staring up at infinity"

The only good one they put in recently was John Mellencamp and Billy Joel.

How in the hell do you snub the likes of Kiss, Alice Cooper, Peter Gabriel, Chicago and Rush for the Rock Hall of Fame, BUT acts like Run-D.M.C., Wanda Jackson, Little Anthony and the Imperials, War, Bobby Womack, and Chic actual make it to the voting ballot?

Kiss? Alice Cooper? Novelty acts. Not worthy of the Hall of Fame. Take away the make up and gimmicks and there's nothing left. Might as well classify Twister Sister right in there with them.

Hello! RRHOF

Good evening all... This is my first post to the forum... trying to make friends :D

Interesting conversation about the rrhof. I'm not a JT fan either except for Aqualung, and that was only because of the lines about snot and watching the frilly panties run... However Ian Anderson certainly changed the face of R & R and I would think deserves to be in there.

The comments about Run DMC etc I agree with. I don't understand why they would be included in the rrhof. That would be like putting Led Zep in the Apollo Theater Hall of Fame or whatever. Completely different genre of music.

Good evening all... This is my first post to the forum... trying to make friends :D
Interesting conversation about the rrhof. I'm not a JT fan either except for Aqualung, and that was only because of the lines about snot and watching the frilly panties run... However Ian Anderson certainly changed the face of R & R and I would think deserves to be in there.

The comments about Run DMC etc I agree with. I don't understand why they would be included in the rrhof. That would be like putting Led Zep in the Apollo Theater Hall of Fame or whatever. Completely different genre of music.

well, you made friends with me! :D welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)