Roethlisberger in motorcycle accident

Purogamer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 19, 2005
Mentor, Ohio
Big Ben pulled a winslow this morning, more on this as it develops...

Weird because he was on Mike & Mike at 8:30 this morning and was in very good spirits for such an early hour...

Steeler fans, cross your fingers. Browns fans, rejoice, as you may no longer have the worst QB in the division if ben got hurt...

Why is this guy on a motorcycle. He is lucky he isnt dead since he was not wearing a helmet and hit his head on the cars windshield. I'll never understand why these guys whose body is their meal ticket but themselves in danger like that.

Yeah, he hit a car or the car hit him. They say it's not serious but anything beyond death or obvious broken bones would get that early diagnosis.

These guys think they're untouchable, that's why. If you were in your 2nd year, had a ring already, would YOU be in the weight room? Would YOU be studying tape? Nah, you'd be having fun too...

Attachments

• 9356192_400X300.jpg
    9356192_400X300.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 178
ESPNnews's John Clayton says early indication is it's not life-threatening, which is kind of an eerie first report. You'd think they'd be relaying how it's not serious but saying it's just below non-life threatening is a bit much.

Story of the day here folks, perhaps season-implications on the line, stay tuned to this one...

BTW, ESPN 2 airs "Best of Mike & Mike" at 6pm EST, and the big ben interview is bound to be on there if you want to check how spirited he was this morning...it's only 30 minutes long...

There's a better (more accurate) story buried at the terrible pittsburgh.com website, they're updating it as they go and are actually there, ESPN is on the phone and getting old info...

http://www.wpxi.com/sports/9356102/detail.html (it's been updated since I started this post, minor detail about him speaking).

Not to be too morbid because I think he'll be fine, but when's the last time a football player was killed off the field like this? Not in mini camp overheat situations, not diseases, but accidents...In 26 years I can't say that I remember anyone, which may also explain why these guys are so reckless at times. He's been lectured by cowher AND bradshaw about it and he still did it his way...

Attachments

• 9356397_400X300.jpg
    9356397_400X300.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 139
The only one that comes to mind and this is only because i'm a huge eagles fan is Jerome Brown in 1992 he hit a tree with his corvette. We was an outstanding DT at the time of his death.

And also before there was pelle lindberg from the flyers in like 85 I think.

I would take very lightly all the reports of him being "OK"
I remember when Dale Earnhardt died, news media was reporting for a couple hours that Dale was stable but in serious condition. We later learned that he died instantly. So obviously news reports were way off.

I think it is possible that Ben might be a lot worse off than the media is aware of and telling us, possibly so all of his family can become notified and accounted for.

The idiot likes to ride his motorcycle without a helmet and witnesses said his face went into another cars windshield. This could be a very serious injury.

Purogamer said:
Yeah, he hit a car or the car hit him. They say it's not serious but anything beyond death or obvious broken bones would get that early diagnosis.

These guys think they're untouchable, that's why. If you were in your 2nd year, had a ring already, would YOU be in the weight room? Would YOU be studying tape? Nah, you'd be having fun too...
=========================================================

You seem to think that he was just bumming around ...
The place where the accident occuered is not that far from where the Steelers train, it's possible that he may have been headed there, not out lolligagging ...

He has never been one to wear a helmet, there is no law saying you have to, in PA. I'm not saying that it's right, or that I would ride without one.

I am suprised that the Steelers have not eliminated his riding his bike.
Many other teams have clauses in thier players contracts.

Hopefully, if he's ok, he will have learned to wear one now.

Jimbo

Last edited:
shugo77 said:
I would take very lightly all the reports of him being "OK"
I remember when Dale Earnhardt died, news media was reporting for a couple hours that Dale was stable but in serious condition. We later learned that he died instantly. So obviously news reports were way off.

I think it is possible that Ben might be a lot worse off than the media is aware of and telling us, possibly so all of his family can become notified and accounted for.

The idiot likes to ride his motorcycle without a helmet and witnesses said his face went into another cars windshield. This could be a very serious injury.
I knew Dale was dead as soon as I saw it. So did DW, if you watch the replay while he's talking its quite obvious.

vurbano said:
I knew Dale was dead as soon as I saw it. So did DW, if you watch the replay while he's talking its quite obvious.

But the media reported Dale as being in serious but stable condition for at least 2 hours.

jollygrunt said:
You'd think that the steelers woulda put something in his contract pertaining to the avoidance of any and all dangerous activities.

I thought most all contracts stated that. I remember last year when Bill Hall hit for the cycle and won the Harley, he could not ride it because it was in his contract.

A lot of contracts got amended after Winslow wrecked, but I don't know that it's a common thing. You going to tell ben he can't ride his bike after he just won you a championship? No, you're going to try to get him to wear a helmet and otherwise leave it alone..

Ben was on the radio at 8:30. And the wreck was at what, 11am? Doesn't sound like he was at work to me...Only work he had this week was a chunky soup commercial...

Broken Jaw, busted nose, injuries to both knees, busted out teeth...Way to go numbnuts...

And to think, Ben got all pissy when Terry Bradshaw told him to 'park the bike until he retires'. What an idiot....as terrible as it sounds.....that's what ya get when people warn you and are looking out for YOUR best interests....and ya sh*t all over the advise of others.....now they HAVE to make a deal for a whatever is left in the free agent market for a quarterback....Can you say Kerry Collins?

salsadancer7 said:
And to think, Ben got all pissy when Terry Bradshaw told him to 'park the bike until he retires'. What an idiot....as terrible as it sounds.....that's what ya get when people warn you and are looking out for YOUR best interests....and ya sh*t all over the advise of others.....now they HAVE to make a deal for a whatever is left in the free agent market for a quarterback....Can you say Kerry Collins?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
that's what ya get when people warn you and are looking out for YOUR best interests....and ya sh*t all over the advise of others.....

Gee,
Would you be this harsh if it were YOUR STARTING QB ?

Last edited:
shugo77 said:
But the media reported Dale as being in serious but stable condition for at least 2 hours.

:rolleyes: , They pulled the cameras off of the car immediately after the crash and showed nothing. Even DW stopped talking about it and concentrated on his brother winning the race. I think everyone knew he was dead and they did NOT want that on TV.

Jimbos said:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
that's what ya get when people warn you and are looking out for YOUR best interests....and ya sh*t all over the advise of others.....

Gee,
Would you be this gharsh if it were YOUR STARTING QB ?

I think he should keep riding. And go faster.